Steve Mason Blasts Damon Albarn for Headlining Glastonbury Two Years in a Row
Former The Beta band frontman Steve Mason has hit out at Damon Albarn for dominating the main stage at Britain's Glastonbury music festival two years in a row, insisting he should have handed over the opportunity to another group. Albarn and his Gorillaz band stepped in as last minute replacements for U2 when Bono was forced to undergo emergency back surgery.
But Mason has criticized Albarn for accepting the honor to headline last weekend's event after playing on the main stage with his other band, Blur, in 2009. He tells NME, "I couldn't explain to you how little interest I had in whether U2 played or not. I could not care less. The only thing that's bad is that Albarn got to have a headline when he had one last year. He should have given it to someone else."
Albarn recently admitted performing at Glastonbury has been among the highlights of his career so far, saying "For me Glastonbury is the most special festival on earth. I believe that there's magic in the earth there, so I'd never take it for granted."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture