Scorpions Cancel Detroit Show Due to Klaus Meine's Illness
German rockers the Scorpions' farewell tour has been hit by illness - singer Klaus Meine is suffering a chest cold and has been told he can't perform until Thursday, July 1. The diagnosis has prompted the "Rock You Like a Hurricane" hitmakers to cancel a performance in Columbus, Ohio on Wednesday, June 30.
Meine is expected to be ready to take to the stage again on Thursday in Detroit, Michigan. A statement from the band reads, "It is with a heavy heart that we have to disappoint our longtime, devoted fans in Columbus, Ohio by not being able to perform there. Klaus' doctors have told him in no uncertain terms that he needs the proper rest so he can shake the bug and successfully continue the tour."
Cinderella, the Scorpions' support act for the canceled show, will perform a free show for Ohio fans.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!