Scorpions Cancel Detroit Show Due to Klaus Meine's Illness
German rockers the Scorpions' farewell tour has been hit by illness - singer Klaus Meine is suffering a chest cold and has been told he can't perform until Thursday, July 1. The diagnosis has prompted the "Rock You Like a Hurricane" hitmakers to cancel a performance in Columbus, Ohio on Wednesday, June 30.
Meine is expected to be ready to take to the stage again on Thursday in Detroit, Michigan. A statement from the band reads, "It is with a heavy heart that we have to disappoint our longtime, devoted fans in Columbus, Ohio by not being able to perform there. Klaus' doctors have told him in no uncertain terms that he needs the proper rest so he can shake the bug and successfully continue the tour."
Cinderella, the Scorpions' support act for the canceled show, will perform a free show for Ohio fans.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance