Scorpions Cancel Detroit Show Due to Klaus Meine's Illness
German rockers the Scorpions' farewell tour has been hit by illness - singer Klaus Meine is suffering a chest cold and has been told he can't perform until Thursday, July 1. The diagnosis has prompted the "Rock You Like a Hurricane" hitmakers to cancel a performance in Columbus, Ohio on Wednesday, June 30.
Meine is expected to be ready to take to the stage again on Thursday in Detroit, Michigan. A statement from the band reads, "It is with a heavy heart that we have to disappoint our longtime, devoted fans in Columbus, Ohio by not being able to perform there. Klaus' doctors have told him in no uncertain terms that he needs the proper rest so he can shake the bug and successfully continue the tour."
Cinderella, the Scorpions' support act for the canceled show, will perform a free show for Ohio fans.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction