Scorpions Cancel Detroit Show Due to Klaus Meine's Illness
German rockers the Scorpions' farewell tour has been hit by illness - singer Klaus Meine is suffering a chest cold and has been told he can't perform until Thursday, July 1. The diagnosis has prompted the "Rock You Like a Hurricane" hitmakers to cancel a performance in Columbus, Ohio on Wednesday, June 30.
Meine is expected to be ready to take to the stage again on Thursday in Detroit, Michigan. A statement from the band reads, "It is with a heavy heart that we have to disappoint our longtime, devoted fans in Columbus, Ohio by not being able to perform there. Klaus' doctors have told him in no uncertain terms that he needs the proper rest so he can shake the bug and successfully continue the tour."
Cinderella, the Scorpions' support act for the canceled show, will perform a free show for Ohio fans.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!