Lil Wayne Wrote Fans Thank You Note From Jail
Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne has written a touching online tribute to a select group of fans to personally thank them for their loyal support. The hip-hop star, who is currently serving a year-long sentence in a New York prison after pleading guilty to gun possession charges, posted his third letter to fans on his website, WeezyThanxYou.com, on Monday, June 28.
In the message, Wayne gives a short update about his life behind bars, calling himself "blessed", and thanks fans for sending pictures and letters of encouragement to his prison cell on Rikers Island. He writes, "On my end, I'm alive, breathing and blessed. You already know how I'm passing time - reading and working out."
Lil Wayne goes on to respond with personal messages to 100 individuals who have offered their support. Directing a message to supporters Ashley and Lil Mackenzie, he writes: "First, I thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I would also like you to know that your letter touched my heart... Send our deepest love to you and Lil Mack."
Wayne also heaped praise on his artists Drake and Nicki Minaj, who he proclaims "made me proud" at Sunday night's BET Awards, with the stars claiming the Best Male Hip-Hop Artist and Best Female Hip-Hop Artist titles, respectively.
The post follows Wayne's Mother's Day tribute, posted on his official blog last month, and an introductory note in April, when he first launched the site from behind bars to communicate with fans.
More Lil Wayne News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child