Tom Cruise's 'Top Gun' Heading Back to Big Screen for Sequel
Movie bosses are in talks to bring Tom Cruise back for a sequel to his hit 1986 movie "Top Gun". The original film's producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, has confirmed he's been approached with plans to resurrect Cruise's character, Lieutenant Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell, for a follow-up to the naval aviation drama.
Bruckheimer admits movie executives have "kicked around some ideas" but they are still a long way from giving the project the green light. He tells MTV.com, "We were recently approached again to start talking about it but, you know, nothing yet. We kicked around some ideas because the aviation community has completely changed since we made the movie a long time ago. So we have to find a way in and how to incorporate the Maverick character into it."
"Top Gun" is the latest in a long line of popular movies which are rumored to be heading back to the big screen, including "Jurassic Park" and "Ghostbusters".
More Tom Cruise News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart