Tom Cruise's 'Top Gun' Heading Back to Big Screen for Sequel
Movie bosses are in talks to bring Tom Cruise back for a sequel to his hit 1986 movie "Top Gun". The original film's producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, has confirmed he's been approached with plans to resurrect Cruise's character, Lieutenant Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell, for a follow-up to the naval aviation drama.
Bruckheimer admits movie executives have "kicked around some ideas" but they are still a long way from giving the project the green light. He tells MTV.com, "We were recently approached again to start talking about it but, you know, nothing yet. We kicked around some ideas because the aviation community has completely changed since we made the movie a long time ago. So we have to find a way in and how to incorporate the Maverick character into it."
"Top Gun" is the latest in a long line of popular movies which are rumored to be heading back to the big screen, including "Jurassic Park" and "Ghostbusters".
More Tom Cruise News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth