Tom Cruise's 'Top Gun' Heading Back to Big Screen for Sequel
Movie bosses are in talks to bring Tom Cruise back for a sequel to his hit 1986 movie "Top Gun". The original film's producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, has confirmed he's been approached with plans to resurrect Cruise's character, Lieutenant Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell, for a follow-up to the naval aviation drama.
Bruckheimer admits movie executives have "kicked around some ideas" but they are still a long way from giving the project the green light. He tells MTV.com, "We were recently approached again to start talking about it but, you know, nothing yet. We kicked around some ideas because the aviation community has completely changed since we made the movie a long time ago. So we have to find a way in and how to incorporate the Maverick character into it."
"Top Gun" is the latest in a long line of popular movies which are rumored to be heading back to the big screen, including "Jurassic Park" and "Ghostbusters".
More Tom Cruise News
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head