Tom Cruise's 'Top Gun' Heading Back to Big Screen for Sequel
Movie bosses are in talks to bring Tom Cruise back for a sequel to his hit 1986 movie "Top Gun". The original film's producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, has confirmed he's been approached with plans to resurrect Cruise's character, Lieutenant Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell, for a follow-up to the naval aviation drama.
Bruckheimer admits movie executives have "kicked around some ideas" but they are still a long way from giving the project the green light. He tells MTV.com, "We were recently approached again to start talking about it but, you know, nothing yet. We kicked around some ideas because the aviation community has completely changed since we made the movie a long time ago. So we have to find a way in and how to incorporate the Maverick character into it."
"Top Gun" is the latest in a long line of popular movies which are rumored to be heading back to the big screen, including "Jurassic Park" and "Ghostbusters".
More Tom Cruise News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell