Tom Cruise's 'Top Gun' Heading Back to Big Screen for Sequel
Movie bosses are in talks to bring Tom Cruise back for a sequel to his hit 1986 movie "Top Gun". The original film's producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, has confirmed he's been approached with plans to resurrect Cruise's character, Lieutenant Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell, for a follow-up to the naval aviation drama.
Bruckheimer admits movie executives have "kicked around some ideas" but they are still a long way from giving the project the green light. He tells MTV.com, "We were recently approached again to start talking about it but, you know, nothing yet. We kicked around some ideas because the aviation community has completely changed since we made the movie a long time ago. So we have to find a way in and how to incorporate the Maverick character into it."
"Top Gun" is the latest in a long line of popular movies which are rumored to be heading back to the big screen, including "Jurassic Park" and "Ghostbusters".
More Tom Cruise News
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli