John Mayer Really Nervous When Trying Out Comedy Again
John Mayer returned to a stand-up comedy club in New York last Thursday night, June 24 - four years after his first outing as a funnyman there fell flat. The rocker, who has long entertained the idea of a stand-up sideline, appeared at Manhattan's Comedy Cellar in 2006 but his set wasn't popular with the audience, and critics accused him of racial slurs and sexism.
Mayer has since tried out his act on numerous occasions and he returned to the venue last week to put right his previous flop. And the star managed to put on an impressive show, according to the New York Daily News.
A source telling the newspaper Mayer was "really nervous right before he went on and kept checking his notes that he brought onstage," but his act went down well with the tough crowd.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'