John Mayer Really Nervous When Trying Out Comedy Again
John Mayer returned to a stand-up comedy club in New York last Thursday night, June 24 - four years after his first outing as a funnyman there fell flat. The rocker, who has long entertained the idea of a stand-up sideline, appeared at Manhattan's Comedy Cellar in 2006 but his set wasn't popular with the audience, and critics accused him of racial slurs and sexism.
Mayer has since tried out his act on numerous occasions and he returned to the venue last week to put right his previous flop. And the star managed to put on an impressive show, according to the New York Daily News.
A source telling the newspaper Mayer was "really nervous right before he went on and kept checking his notes that he brought onstage," but his act went down well with the tough crowd.
More John Mayer News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels