John Mayer Really Nervous When Trying Out Comedy Again
John Mayer returned to a stand-up comedy club in New York last Thursday night, June 24 - four years after his first outing as a funnyman there fell flat. The rocker, who has long entertained the idea of a stand-up sideline, appeared at Manhattan's Comedy Cellar in 2006 but his set wasn't popular with the audience, and critics accused him of racial slurs and sexism.
Mayer has since tried out his act on numerous occasions and he returned to the venue last week to put right his previous flop. And the star managed to put on an impressive show, according to the New York Daily News.
A source telling the newspaper Mayer was "really nervous right before he went on and kept checking his notes that he brought onstage," but his act went down well with the tough crowd.
More John Mayer News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed