Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley Pay Tribute to Bill Aucoin
KISS stars Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley have paid tribute to music mogul Bill Aucoin who died on Monday, June 28. He passed away after a battle with prostate cancer and the band was shocked to learn the man who masterminded their career had lost his fight for life.
Aucoin is credited with discovering Kiss and he managed the group for nearly 10 years, before quitting his role in 1982. The rockers have released a moving statement remembering Aucoin, admitting they feel they have "lost a part" of themselves now he has gone.
The tribute reads, "Bill Aucoin, our irreplaceable original manager, mentor and dear friend has died of complications arising from his ongoing battle with prostate cancer. He was instrumental in guiding us from the beginning and without his vision, leadership and unending dedication, we could never have scaled the heights we have reached."
"Bill loved life and lived it to the fullest. Words can never convey his impact on us or those close to him. Over all the years, he never missed an opportunity to be with us at our shows near his home or fly in for special concerts, including our most recent Madison Square Garden show. He had hoped to attend our London show earlier this month but his illness prevented it. He still planned to visit us upon the start of our upcoming U.S. tour."
"We loved him, told him and have peace that he knew it. We will grieve and celebrate all he was and did. We have lost a part of us."
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande