Vanessa Paradis Afraid of Marrying Johnny Depp
French singer/actress Vanessa Paradis has no plans to marry longterm boyfriend Johnny Depp - because the prospect of becoming his wife frightens her. The pair has been dating since 1998 and they share two children together - Lily-Rose, 11, and Jack, eight.
But despite constant engagement rumors, Paradis isn't planning to wed the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star as she's happy with their current relationship status. She explains, "There is something romantic about marriage and something scary about it. If you're happy without it, why bother?"
Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis first met in a hotel lobby in Paris while he was there shooting the film "The Ninth Gate" (1999). Prior to living together with Paradis, Depp got married to make-up artist Lori Anne Allison in 1983 and split three years later.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'