Lil Boosie Pleads Not Guilty to First Degree Murder
Rapper Lil Boosie has officially entered a not guilty plea for a first degree murder charge in connection with a 2009 shooting. The hip-hop star was convicted on gun and drugs charges last year and is currently serving a four-year prison sentence after violating his parole.
The "Wipe Me Down" hitmaker - real name Torrence Hatch - is now facing a murder charge in relation to the killing of Terry Boyd, who was shot to death at his home in Louisiana last October. Hatch was indicted by the East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury in Louisiana earlier this month, when he was also charged - along with a woman and a former prison guard - with drug possession and conspiracy to smuggle illegal substances into jail.
On Monday, June 28 he stood before Judge Mike Erwin and pleaded not guilty to the murder charge, reports AllHipHop.com. Hatch's attorney Marcus Allen says, "I think he's absolutely not guilty. I think he meant what he said. He's absolutely not guilty. We're just going to prepare for his defense and get ready to address the charges."
Six other men have been charged over their alleged involvement in the killing, and two of them are also facing a first degree murder charge. If convicted of first degree murder, the rapper could face the death penalty, according to prosecutors.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle