Lil Boosie Pleads Not Guilty to First Degree Murder
Rapper Lil Boosie has officially entered a not guilty plea for a first degree murder charge in connection with a 2009 shooting. The hip-hop star was convicted on gun and drugs charges last year and is currently serving a four-year prison sentence after violating his parole.
The "Wipe Me Down" hitmaker - real name Torrence Hatch - is now facing a murder charge in relation to the killing of Terry Boyd, who was shot to death at his home in Louisiana last October. Hatch was indicted by the East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury in Louisiana earlier this month, when he was also charged - along with a woman and a former prison guard - with drug possession and conspiracy to smuggle illegal substances into jail.
On Monday, June 28 he stood before Judge Mike Erwin and pleaded not guilty to the murder charge, reports AllHipHop.com. Hatch's attorney Marcus Allen says, "I think he's absolutely not guilty. I think he meant what he said. He's absolutely not guilty. We're just going to prepare for his defense and get ready to address the charges."
Six other men have been charged over their alleged involvement in the killing, and two of them are also facing a first degree murder charge. If convicted of first degree murder, the rapper could face the death penalty, according to prosecutors.
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'