Lil Boosie Pleads Not Guilty to First Degree Murder
Rapper Lil Boosie has officially entered a not guilty plea for a first degree murder charge in connection with a 2009 shooting. The hip-hop star was convicted on gun and drugs charges last year and is currently serving a four-year prison sentence after violating his parole.
The "Wipe Me Down" hitmaker - real name Torrence Hatch - is now facing a murder charge in relation to the killing of Terry Boyd, who was shot to death at his home in Louisiana last October. Hatch was indicted by the East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury in Louisiana earlier this month, when he was also charged - along with a woman and a former prison guard - with drug possession and conspiracy to smuggle illegal substances into jail.
On Monday, June 28 he stood before Judge Mike Erwin and pleaded not guilty to the murder charge, reports AllHipHop.com. Hatch's attorney Marcus Allen says, "I think he's absolutely not guilty. I think he meant what he said. He's absolutely not guilty. We're just going to prepare for his defense and get ready to address the charges."
Six other men have been charged over their alleged involvement in the killing, and two of them are also facing a first degree murder charge. If convicted of first degree murder, the rapper could face the death penalty, according to prosecutors.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart