Jermaine Jackson Calls on Critics to Forgive Chris Brown
Jermaine Jackson was left stunned by Chris Brown's emotional tribute to his brother Michael Jackson at the BET Awards on Sunday night, June 27 and he's now calling on the R&B star's critics to forgive him for beating up Rihanna. Brown's career has been in freefall ever since he pleaded guilty to lashing out at Rihanna during a fight in February 2009 - radio stations have refused to play his records and the media has slammed his attempts at a comeback, even after countless public apologies online and on TV.
The "Kiss Kiss" singer broke down during a rendition of Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" at the BET Awards and the touching cover prompted Jermaine Jackson to stand up for the young star backstage. Speaking to TV news show Extra, Jackson said, "He's a human being like all others, we all make mistakes. What he did was wrong. I love Rihanna... I'm one of his biggest fans... We can't condemn him because of what happened. We hope he learns from this."
And Jackson admits he was greatly moved by Brown's tribute to his late sibling, saying "It was very emotional for me... It was just a spectacular moment. He (Brown) deserves to perform because it's healing for him. How can he learn from his mistakes if you don't give him the chance? He needs that. I support him a thousand per cent; I'm not supporting what he did because it was wrong, but, at the same time, we have to give him a chance."
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video