Jermaine Jackson Calls on Critics to Forgive Chris Brown
Jermaine Jackson was left stunned by Chris Brown's emotional tribute to his brother Michael Jackson at the BET Awards on Sunday night, June 27 and he's now calling on the R&B star's critics to forgive him for beating up Rihanna. Brown's career has been in freefall ever since he pleaded guilty to lashing out at Rihanna during a fight in February 2009 - radio stations have refused to play his records and the media has slammed his attempts at a comeback, even after countless public apologies online and on TV.
The "Kiss Kiss" singer broke down during a rendition of Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" at the BET Awards and the touching cover prompted Jermaine Jackson to stand up for the young star backstage. Speaking to TV news show Extra, Jackson said, "He's a human being like all others, we all make mistakes. What he did was wrong. I love Rihanna... I'm one of his biggest fans... We can't condemn him because of what happened. We hope he learns from this."
And Jackson admits he was greatly moved by Brown's tribute to his late sibling, saying "It was very emotional for me... It was just a spectacular moment. He (Brown) deserves to perform because it's healing for him. How can he learn from his mistakes if you don't give him the chance? He needs that. I support him a thousand per cent; I'm not supporting what he did because it was wrong, but, at the same time, we have to give him a chance."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival