David Hasselhoff Gives Daughter Hayley Confidence to Play Weight-Loss Camper
David Hasselhoff's daughter Hayley Hasselhoff credits her famous dad with giving her the confidence to play a weight-loss camper in new TV show "Huge" because he helped the teen get over her own lifelong image struggles. The upcoming program, starring "Hairspray" actress Nikki Blonsky, is based on the book of the same name by Sasha Paley, about a group of teens and staff at weight-loss camp Wellness Canyon.
Hayley will play Amber, a curvy teen who is the slimmest girl at the camp but considers herself too big. And the 17-year-old starlet admits she may have turned down the part if the "Baywatch" star had encouraged her to drop pounds like most other Hollywood actresses.
She explains, "In Los Angeles, everybody feels like you have to be a certain way to fit in... I think that's why I've really stayed grounded - because of my family - and stayed true to myself. No matter what size - they always supported me with everything that I wanted to do." "Huge" is set to air its pilot episode in the U.S. on Monday, June 28.
More David Hasselhoff News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story