David Hasselhoff Gives Daughter Hayley Confidence to Play Weight-Loss Camper
David Hasselhoff's daughter Hayley Hasselhoff credits her famous dad with giving her the confidence to play a weight-loss camper in new TV show "Huge" because he helped the teen get over her own lifelong image struggles. The upcoming program, starring "Hairspray" actress Nikki Blonsky, is based on the book of the same name by Sasha Paley, about a group of teens and staff at weight-loss camp Wellness Canyon.
Hayley will play Amber, a curvy teen who is the slimmest girl at the camp but considers herself too big. And the 17-year-old starlet admits she may have turned down the part if the "Baywatch" star had encouraged her to drop pounds like most other Hollywood actresses.
She explains, "In Los Angeles, everybody feels like you have to be a certain way to fit in... I think that's why I've really stayed grounded - because of my family - and stayed true to myself. No matter what size - they always supported me with everything that I wanted to do." "Huge" is set to air its pilot episode in the U.S. on Monday, June 28.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl