David Hasselhoff Gives Daughter Hayley Confidence to Play Weight-Loss Camper
David Hasselhoff's daughter Hayley Hasselhoff credits her famous dad with giving her the confidence to play a weight-loss camper in new TV show "Huge" because he helped the teen get over her own lifelong image struggles. The upcoming program, starring "Hairspray" actress Nikki Blonsky, is based on the book of the same name by Sasha Paley, about a group of teens and staff at weight-loss camp Wellness Canyon.
Hayley will play Amber, a curvy teen who is the slimmest girl at the camp but considers herself too big. And the 17-year-old starlet admits she may have turned down the part if the "Baywatch" star had encouraged her to drop pounds like most other Hollywood actresses.
She explains, "In Los Angeles, everybody feels like you have to be a certain way to fit in... I think that's why I've really stayed grounded - because of my family - and stayed true to myself. No matter what size - they always supported me with everything that I wanted to do." "Huge" is set to air its pilot episode in the U.S. on Monday, June 28.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'