Steven Tyler to Open Up About Band Feud in New Book
Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler is set to open up about the heated feuds with his band mates, which prompted him to briefly quit the group in 2009, in a new book. The "Dude Looks Like a Lady" singer admits tension reached a high after he fell off a stage during a South Dakota concert last summer.
The incident left him with multiple injuries and forced the band to cancel a North American tour with ZZ Top. While he was recuperating, Tyler announced his plans to take a two-year hiatus, and then abruptly quit the group.
Guitarist Joe Perry confirmed Tyler's decision to quit, while reports suggested the band was on a search on replace the lead singer for 2010 and 2011 commitments. Tyler has since mended his relationship with his band mates and the group is back together and touring the globe, and now he's keen to reveal all about his tumultuous relationship with his Aerosmith buddies.
He tells the Associated Press, "I'm doing a book called 'Does the Noise in My Head Bother You', and I will be speaking about what it's like to be married to four other guys, and what I've had to put up with. There will never be another band like Aerosmith, and I just don't want to do anything to hurt that. I love the band so much."
"Does the Noise in My Head Bother You" is set to hit shelves in October.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos