Method Man Pleads Guilty to Tax Evasion Charge
Rapper Method Man has pleaded guilty to a tax evasion charge in New York, after falling $106,000 (GBP70,670) behind in payments. The Wu-Tang Clan rapper was arrested in October 2009 and charged with tax evasion after withholding state and personal income taxes from 2004 to 2007.
The MC was sentenced to a conditional discharge and all charges will be removed from his record if he stays out of trouble. According to his attorney Peter Frankel, the rapper has made his final restitution payment and immediately corrected the tax issue once notified.
Method Man, real name Clifford Smith, blamed laziness for his failure to file tax returns shortly after his headline-grabbing arrest, and has urged others to learn from his mistakes. In an interview with radio DJ Big Tigger he said, "When you don't file, that's what happens. I'm learning my lesson. You've got to file. You can't be waiting for the last minute. And I hadn't spoken to my CPA (accountant) in three or four years."
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper
- Lisa Rinna Cheers Playboy for Bringing Back Nudity by Posting Nude Selfie