Family Says Jennifer Capriati's Overdose Was Accidental
Former tennis ace Jennifer Capriati was hospitalised on Sunday, June 27 after taking an "accidental overdose" of prescription medication, according to members of her family. The sports star, 34, was admitted to a Florida medical facility after paramedics were called to a hotel in Riviera Beach.
Capriati was still receiving treatment on Monday, June 28 but her relatives have played down the incident amid speculation about the drugs she had taken. Family members tell TMZ.com Capriati is "recuperating at a South Florida hospital from an accidental overdose of medication prescribed to Jen by her personal physicians".
The former women's world number one, who has three Grand Slam titles to her name, has previously battled eating disorders and suffered from depression.
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video