Family Says Jennifer Capriati's Overdose Was Accidental
Former tennis ace Jennifer Capriati was hospitalised on Sunday, June 27 after taking an "accidental overdose" of prescription medication, according to members of her family. The sports star, 34, was admitted to a Florida medical facility after paramedics were called to a hotel in Riviera Beach.
Capriati was still receiving treatment on Monday, June 28 but her relatives have played down the incident amid speculation about the drugs she had taken. Family members tell TMZ.com Capriati is "recuperating at a South Florida hospital from an accidental overdose of medication prescribed to Jen by her personal physicians".
The former women's world number one, who has three Grand Slam titles to her name, has previously battled eating disorders and suffered from depression.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked