Family Says Jennifer Capriati's Overdose Was Accidental
Former tennis ace Jennifer Capriati was hospitalised on Sunday, June 27 after taking an "accidental overdose" of prescription medication, according to members of her family. The sports star, 34, was admitted to a Florida medical facility after paramedics were called to a hotel in Riviera Beach.
Capriati was still receiving treatment on Monday, June 28 but her relatives have played down the incident amid speculation about the drugs she had taken. Family members tell TMZ.com Capriati is "recuperating at a South Florida hospital from an accidental overdose of medication prescribed to Jen by her personal physicians".
The former women's world number one, who has three Grand Slam titles to her name, has previously battled eating disorders and suffered from depression.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby