Family Says Jennifer Capriati's Overdose Was Accidental
Former tennis ace Jennifer Capriati was hospitalised on Sunday, June 27 after taking an "accidental overdose" of prescription medication, according to members of her family. The sports star, 34, was admitted to a Florida medical facility after paramedics were called to a hotel in Riviera Beach.
Capriati was still receiving treatment on Monday, June 28 but her relatives have played down the incident amid speculation about the drugs she had taken. Family members tell TMZ.com Capriati is "recuperating at a South Florida hospital from an accidental overdose of medication prescribed to Jen by her personal physicians".
The former women's world number one, who has three Grand Slam titles to her name, has previously battled eating disorders and suffered from depression.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?