Chris Klein Charged With Two Misdemeanors Following DUI Arrest
"American Pie" star Chris Klein has been formally charged with two misdemeanors stemming from his recent arrest for drink driving. The actor's car was pulled over by police in Los Angeles on June 16 and he was taken into custody after he was found to be almost three times over the legal limit.
He was released on $25,000 (16,660 pound sterling) bail and subsequently checked himself into rehab at the Cirque Lodge in Utah to seek treatment for alcohol addiction. The DUI arrest was his second in five years; he was previously busted on a similar charge in 2005.
On Monday, June 28, the Los Angeles City Attorney's office announced he had been charged with driving under the influence with a prior conviction and driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher. If he is found guilty, Klein will have to serve a mandatory minimum of four days in a county jail, but he could be sentenced to up to a year behind bars. He is due to be arraigned on July 9, according to TMZ.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs