Chris Klein Charged With Two Misdemeanors Following DUI Arrest
"American Pie" star Chris Klein has been formally charged with two misdemeanors stemming from his recent arrest for drink driving. The actor's car was pulled over by police in Los Angeles on June 16 and he was taken into custody after he was found to be almost three times over the legal limit.
He was released on $25,000 (16,660 pound sterling) bail and subsequently checked himself into rehab at the Cirque Lodge in Utah to seek treatment for alcohol addiction. The DUI arrest was his second in five years; he was previously busted on a similar charge in 2005.
On Monday, June 28, the Los Angeles City Attorney's office announced he had been charged with driving under the influence with a prior conviction and driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher. If he is found guilty, Klein will have to serve a mandatory minimum of four days in a county jail, but he could be sentenced to up to a year behind bars. He is due to be arraigned on July 9, according to TMZ.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters