Chris Klein Charged With Two Misdemeanors Following DUI Arrest
"American Pie" star Chris Klein has been formally charged with two misdemeanors stemming from his recent arrest for drink driving. The actor's car was pulled over by police in Los Angeles on June 16 and he was taken into custody after he was found to be almost three times over the legal limit.
He was released on $25,000 (16,660 pound sterling) bail and subsequently checked himself into rehab at the Cirque Lodge in Utah to seek treatment for alcohol addiction. The DUI arrest was his second in five years; he was previously busted on a similar charge in 2005.
On Monday, June 28, the Los Angeles City Attorney's office announced he had been charged with driving under the influence with a prior conviction and driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher. If he is found guilty, Klein will have to serve a mandatory minimum of four days in a county jail, but he could be sentenced to up to a year behind bars. He is due to be arraigned on July 9, according to TMZ.
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date