Angelina Jolie Wants to Give Up Acting
Angelina Jolie is considering quitting acting for good because she's much happier in her role as a mother and a humanitarian. The Hollywood star recently completed filming of her latest movie, "The Tourist" with Johnny Depp, and has several projects lined up including a big-screen adaptation of Patricia Cornwell's popular Kay Scarpetta novels.
But Jolie, who has six kids with her partner Brad Pitt, reveals she's growing tired of acting and might not "do it much longer". She tells Vanity Fair magazine, "It's (acting) not the most important thing in my life. Acting helped me as I was growing up. It helped me learn about myself, helped me travel, helped me understand life, express myself, all those wonderful things."
"So I'm very, very grateful, it's a fun job. It's a luxury... But I don't think I'll do it much longer. Because I have a happy home... I got back from work last night, and everybody was playing music and dancing and I suddenly found myself dancing around with a bunch of little fun crazy people."
Additionally, she is convinced she will "grow old" with Brad Pitt - because he's the only man to make her feel "safe". The Oscar-winner has been married twice before, to Jonny Lee Miller between 1996 and 1997, and to Billy Bob Thornton, who she divorced in 2003 after three years.
Jolie has been dating Pitt since 2005 and they now have six children together, and although the couple has no plans to marry, the actress is convinced the relationship will last. She said, "I feel fortunate to have a relationship where I actually feel safe enough to imagine growing old together," adding, "(We're not) against getting married (but) it's just like we already are. Children are clearly a commitment, a bigger commitment (than marriage). It's for life."
And the "Tomb Raider: star is adamant they are not planning to expand their family any time soon, adding, "No, I'm not pregnant, we're not opposed to it... (but) we want to make sure we don't build a family so big that we don't have absolutely enough time to raise them each really well."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli
- 'Game of Thrones': New Photos Reunite the Four Starks, Final Season Episode Count Is Revealed
- Chris Cornell Appeared to Have Used Other Drugs Before Hanging Himself
- Nicki Minaj to Perform at the 2017 NBA Awards
- Is She Pregnant? Cristiano Ronaldo's GF Georgina Rodriguez Sports Suspicious Bump in New Pic
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'