Prince Harry Narrowly Escapes Injury After Terrifying Fall
British royal Prince Harry narrowly escaped serious injury following a terrifying fall at a polo match in New York on Sunday, June 27. The 25 year old was taking part in the annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic charity game on Governors Island, off Manhattan, to raise money for African orphans.
But the star-studded crowd, which included Susan Sarandon, Mary J. Blige and Val Kilmer, was left fearing for the young royal after he was thrown from his horse and hit the ground hard. However, Harry escaped unscathed and after brushing himself off and catching his breath, he was back in the saddle again.
Argentine polo player/fashion model Nacho Figueras, tells the New York Daily News, "I think his horse got spooked, or something." Figueras' team went on to beat Harry's squad 6-5 in overtime.
More Prince Harry News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video