Mel Gibson Accuses Oksana Grigorieva of Making 'Sensational Allegation'
Mel Gibson's lawyer has slammed Oksana Grigorieva's claims the "Braveheart" star was "cruel" towards her during their union and is failing to pay child maintenance for their daughter - branding them "sensational allegations". Grigorieva opened up about their acrimonious split for a British tabloid on Sunday, June 27, insisting the actor wasn't paying towards the upkeep of their seven-month-old child Lucia.
The former couple is embroiled in a battle over visitation rights, with the singer reportedly winning a restraining order in Los Angeles against Gibson last week, prompting the movie star/director's legal team to call for a modification so their client can spend time with his daughter. But Gibson is fuming over Grigorieva's allegations, and his lawyer, Stephen Kolodny, has spoken out to defend his client.
Kolodny tells TMZ.com, "Oksana's deceitful conduct in trying to terminate Mel's access to his daughter continues. Having entered into an agreement that allows for overnight, unrestricted visitation, and would soon result in Mel having 50/50 custody of their daughter - an agreement reached after a two-day mediation with two retired Superior Court judges - Mel was hopeful that their break-up was behind them and Lucia would be the beneficiary of co-operative parenting. Apparently Lucia will be denied that good fortune."
"Making sensational allegations is not the way to resolve this."
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes