Jennifer Capriati Rushed to ER Reportedly After Overdose
Former tennis ace Jennifer Capriati has been admitted to hospital after allegedly suffering a suspected overdose. The sports star, 34, was taken to a Florida medical facility on Sunday, June 27 morning after paramedics were called to a hotel in Riviera Beach, reports TMZ.com.
Capriati's dad, Stefano, reportedly tells the website the Olympic gold medal-winner is in a stable condition and recovering well. No further information was available as WENN went to press.
Capriati, who earned $1 million before she was 16 from tennis, had a history with drugs. She was charged with cannabis possession in 1994 and spent time in a drug rehabilitation clinic. "Jennifer went from being happy to sad and fearful, and as a parent I felt plenty of guilt and shame for the role I played in that," her mother said back then.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2