Jennifer Capriati Rushed to ER Reportedly After Overdose
Former tennis ace Jennifer Capriati has been admitted to hospital after allegedly suffering a suspected overdose. The sports star, 34, was taken to a Florida medical facility on Sunday, June 27 morning after paramedics were called to a hotel in Riviera Beach, reports TMZ.com.
Capriati's dad, Stefano, reportedly tells the website the Olympic gold medal-winner is in a stable condition and recovering well. No further information was available as WENN went to press.
Capriati, who earned $1 million before she was 16 from tennis, had a history with drugs. She was charged with cannabis possession in 1994 and spent time in a drug rehabilitation clinic. "Jennifer went from being happy to sad and fearful, and as a parent I felt plenty of guilt and shame for the role I played in that," her mother said back then.
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Nick Jonas' New Song 'Remember I Told You' Is a Sassy Breakup Jam
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing