Jennifer Capriati Rushed to ER Reportedly After Overdose
Former tennis ace Jennifer Capriati has been admitted to hospital after allegedly suffering a suspected overdose. The sports star, 34, was taken to a Florida medical facility on Sunday, June 27 morning after paramedics were called to a hotel in Riviera Beach, reports TMZ.com.
Capriati's dad, Stefano, reportedly tells the website the Olympic gold medal-winner is in a stable condition and recovering well. No further information was available as WENN went to press.
Capriati, who earned $1 million before she was 16 from tennis, had a history with drugs. She was charged with cannabis possession in 1994 and spent time in a drug rehabilitation clinic. "Jennifer went from being happy to sad and fearful, and as a parent I felt plenty of guilt and shame for the role I played in that," her mother said back then.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?