Jennifer Capriati Rushed to ER Reportedly After Overdose
Former tennis ace Jennifer Capriati has been admitted to hospital after allegedly suffering a suspected overdose. The sports star, 34, was taken to a Florida medical facility on Sunday, June 27 morning after paramedics were called to a hotel in Riviera Beach, reports TMZ.com.
Capriati's dad, Stefano, reportedly tells the website the Olympic gold medal-winner is in a stable condition and recovering well. No further information was available as WENN went to press.
Capriati, who earned $1 million before she was 16 from tennis, had a history with drugs. She was charged with cannabis possession in 1994 and spent time in a drug rehabilitation clinic. "Jennifer went from being happy to sad and fearful, and as a parent I felt plenty of guilt and shame for the role I played in that," her mother said back then.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers