Marilyn Monroe's X-Rays to Sell Around $45,000
Marilyn Monroe's X-rays have become the latest odd items to stun memorabilia auctioneers after they went under the hammer for 15 times more than their estimate. The three X-ray's from a 1954 visit to Cedars of Lebanon Hospital were expected to fetch $800 to $1,200 each at Julien's Auction in Las Vegas on Sunday, June 27 but they sold collectively for a record $45,000.
Another big seller from Sunday's Planet Hollywood sale, which earlier this weekend had seen Michael Jackson memorabilia go under the hammer for staggering prices, was Marilyn Monroe's chair from her last photoshoot, which sold for $35,000. The dress Audrey Hepburn wore in "Funny Face" sold for $56,250.
In tow with Michael's one year anniversary death, the action of his Swarovski Crystal glove won a standing ovation when it went under the hammer for a staggering $192,000.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip