Marilyn Monroe's X-Rays to Sell Around $45,000
Marilyn Monroe's X-rays have become the latest odd items to stun memorabilia auctioneers after they went under the hammer for 15 times more than their estimate. The three X-ray's from a 1954 visit to Cedars of Lebanon Hospital were expected to fetch $800 to $1,200 each at Julien's Auction in Las Vegas on Sunday, June 27 but they sold collectively for a record $45,000.
Another big seller from Sunday's Planet Hollywood sale, which earlier this weekend had seen Michael Jackson memorabilia go under the hammer for staggering prices, was Marilyn Monroe's chair from her last photoshoot, which sold for $35,000. The dress Audrey Hepburn wore in "Funny Face" sold for $56,250.
In tow with Michael's one year anniversary death, the action of his Swarovski Crystal glove won a standing ovation when it went under the hammer for a staggering $192,000.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest