Marilyn Monroe's X-Rays to Sell Around $45,000
Marilyn Monroe's X-rays have become the latest odd items to stun memorabilia auctioneers after they went under the hammer for 15 times more than their estimate. The three X-ray's from a 1954 visit to Cedars of Lebanon Hospital were expected to fetch $800 to $1,200 each at Julien's Auction in Las Vegas on Sunday, June 27 but they sold collectively for a record $45,000.
Another big seller from Sunday's Planet Hollywood sale, which earlier this weekend had seen Michael Jackson memorabilia go under the hammer for staggering prices, was Marilyn Monroe's chair from her last photoshoot, which sold for $35,000. The dress Audrey Hepburn wore in "Funny Face" sold for $56,250.
In tow with Michael's one year anniversary death, the action of his Swarovski Crystal glove won a standing ovation when it went under the hammer for a staggering $192,000.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers