Marilyn Monroe's X-Rays to Sell Around $45,000
Marilyn Monroe's X-rays have become the latest odd items to stun memorabilia auctioneers after they went under the hammer for 15 times more than their estimate. The three X-ray's from a 1954 visit to Cedars of Lebanon Hospital were expected to fetch $800 to $1,200 each at Julien's Auction in Las Vegas on Sunday, June 27 but they sold collectively for a record $45,000.
Another big seller from Sunday's Planet Hollywood sale, which earlier this weekend had seen Michael Jackson memorabilia go under the hammer for staggering prices, was Marilyn Monroe's chair from her last photoshoot, which sold for $35,000. The dress Audrey Hepburn wore in "Funny Face" sold for $56,250.
In tow with Michael's one year anniversary death, the action of his Swarovski Crystal glove won a standing ovation when it went under the hammer for a staggering $192,000.
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split