Marilyn Monroe's X-Rays to Sell Around $45,000
Marilyn Monroe's X-rays have become the latest odd items to stun memorabilia auctioneers after they went under the hammer for 15 times more than their estimate. The three X-ray's from a 1954 visit to Cedars of Lebanon Hospital were expected to fetch $800 to $1,200 each at Julien's Auction in Las Vegas on Sunday, June 27 but they sold collectively for a record $45,000.
Another big seller from Sunday's Planet Hollywood sale, which earlier this weekend had seen Michael Jackson memorabilia go under the hammer for staggering prices, was Marilyn Monroe's chair from her last photoshoot, which sold for $35,000. The dress Audrey Hepburn wore in "Funny Face" sold for $56,250.
In tow with Michael's one year anniversary death, the action of his Swarovski Crystal glove won a standing ovation when it went under the hammer for a staggering $192,000.
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson