Keith Richards Got His Guitar in 'Best Place With the Best Seat'
Keith Richards looked after his guitars better than people while he was recording The Rolling Stones' landmark "Exile on Main Street" album at his chateau home in France - the instruments occupied every chair in the sprawling home. The rocker's then-girlfriend, Anita Pallenberg, still has fond memories of the decadent Nellcote home Richards turned into a recording studio and party mecca in the early 1970s.
But it wasn't well decorated and no one had anywhere to sit. She recalls, "The whole house was majestic, very big and decaying. There was no furniture. I remember bringing home some rugs and in all the photographs you see them. We lived in that rock 'n' roll hippie style; on the floor basically."
"Everybody was shocked to see how such a beautiful place could have all these toys on the floor and the best places were for the guitars. All the nice couches had the guitars on them! You always had to sit somewhere else. Keith does that. He's always got the guitar in the best place with the best seat!"
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip