Keith Richards Got His Guitar in 'Best Place With the Best Seat'
Keith Richards looked after his guitars better than people while he was recording The Rolling Stones' landmark "Exile on Main Street" album at his chateau home in France - the instruments occupied every chair in the sprawling home. The rocker's then-girlfriend, Anita Pallenberg, still has fond memories of the decadent Nellcote home Richards turned into a recording studio and party mecca in the early 1970s.
But it wasn't well decorated and no one had anywhere to sit. She recalls, "The whole house was majestic, very big and decaying. There was no furniture. I remember bringing home some rugs and in all the photographs you see them. We lived in that rock 'n' roll hippie style; on the floor basically."
"Everybody was shocked to see how such a beautiful place could have all these toys on the floor and the best places were for the guitars. All the nice couches had the guitars on them! You always had to sit somewhere else. Keith does that. He's always got the guitar in the best place with the best seat!"
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton