Bill Murray Fired Agent Due to Disturbing Phone Calls
Actor Bill Murray fired his agent when he realized he didn't want to be associated with someone who kept bothering him. The "Lost in Translation" star now has no representation and acts as his own agent and publicist after one particularly keen aide kept calling and calling.
Murray tells Entertainment Weekly magazine, "When you have an agent, the phone rings all the time, because there's someone there whose job it is to get so-and-so on the phone, and so they dial the number, and they'll let it ring 75 times."
"You can be in your house and be like, 'I'm not answering that phone... ' and all you can really think is, 'I really don't want to meet the person that lets a phone ring like that." Murray insists his life is a lot simpler now and quieter. He explains, "The phone just doesn't ring, it's nice."
More Bill Murray News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic