Kylie Minogue Sacks Manager Mother
Kylie Minogue has sacked her mum as her long term manager - because the pop star wants to give her some well-deserved time off from working. The "Spinning Around" hitmaker's mother Carol Minogue has accompanied her famous daughter on every tour throughout her lengthy music career.
But the singer recently dropped her mum as her manager - and she admits it was a difficult task telling Carol the news. She tells British TV host Jonathan Ross, "My mum has been on every tour I've ever done. But she did just get the sack... I just wanted her to relax more. I think it's quite evident the Minogues, we like to work, we like to get stuck in so mum didn't... take (it) easily."
"It wasn't easy (telling her), she had a forlorn little face. But I said, 'Mum... I'm just not sure I think you should be in the quick change anymore'. I was thinking of her..."
But Minogue still gives out tasks to her parents to make sure they feel involved: "I had to give them titles. So I said, 'Mum... you are in charge of social things'. For example when we were in Wales, there's a million Welsh relatives... so mum kind of wrangles them, just to take care of it. And I said my Dad had the very important duty of making sure the red wine was corked at the right time ready for us to come off stage."
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert