Kylie Minogue Sacks Manager Mother
Kylie Minogue has sacked her mum as her long term manager - because the pop star wants to give her some well-deserved time off from working. The "Spinning Around" hitmaker's mother Carol Minogue has accompanied her famous daughter on every tour throughout her lengthy music career.
But the singer recently dropped her mum as her manager - and she admits it was a difficult task telling Carol the news. She tells British TV host Jonathan Ross, "My mum has been on every tour I've ever done. But she did just get the sack... I just wanted her to relax more. I think it's quite evident the Minogues, we like to work, we like to get stuck in so mum didn't... take (it) easily."
"It wasn't easy (telling her), she had a forlorn little face. But I said, 'Mum... I'm just not sure I think you should be in the quick change anymore'. I was thinking of her..."
But Minogue still gives out tasks to her parents to make sure they feel involved: "I had to give them titles. So I said, 'Mum... you are in charge of social things'. For example when we were in Wales, there's a million Welsh relatives... so mum kind of wrangles them, just to take care of it. And I said my Dad had the very important duty of making sure the red wine was corked at the right time ready for us to come off stage."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'