Kylie Minogue Sacks Manager Mother
Kylie Minogue has sacked her mum as her long term manager - because the pop star wants to give her some well-deserved time off from working. The "Spinning Around" hitmaker's mother Carol Minogue has accompanied her famous daughter on every tour throughout her lengthy music career.
But the singer recently dropped her mum as her manager - and she admits it was a difficult task telling Carol the news. She tells British TV host Jonathan Ross, "My mum has been on every tour I've ever done. But she did just get the sack... I just wanted her to relax more. I think it's quite evident the Minogues, we like to work, we like to get stuck in so mum didn't... take (it) easily."
"It wasn't easy (telling her), she had a forlorn little face. But I said, 'Mum... I'm just not sure I think you should be in the quick change anymore'. I was thinking of her..."
But Minogue still gives out tasks to her parents to make sure they feel involved: "I had to give them titles. So I said, 'Mum... you are in charge of social things'. For example when we were in Wales, there's a million Welsh relatives... so mum kind of wrangles them, just to take care of it. And I said my Dad had the very important duty of making sure the red wine was corked at the right time ready for us to come off stage."
More Kylie Minogue News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt