Michael Jackson's Brother Slams Tribute, Calls It 'Fraud'
Randy Jackson is fuming over a charity event honoring his brother Michael Jackson on Saturday, June 26, insisting he is "sick of people trying to exploit" his famous family. The "Forever Michael" tribute evening was held in Los Angeles exactly a year and a day after the "Thriller" hitmaker passed away.
The gala was organized by executives at The Jackson Family Foundation, a charity set up by the star's father Joe to fund a Jackson family museum in their native Gary, Indiana. But Randy is livid his parents, Joe and Katherine, who are listed as Chairman and Vice Chairman on the company's website, have become involved with the organization as he is convinced the foundation is not legitimate.
And he's called for his parents to disassociate themselves from the cause, branding the Saturday fundraiser "fraud". In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Let me be clear, there's no legitimate 'Jackson Family Foundation' that my brothers & sisters are aware of. As far as I am concerned, tonight's event is a fraud."
"I know my parents would not be involved if they really knew the characters they have aligned themselves with... I am doing my best to get my parents to understand who the people are around them. How can you raise money for a foundation that has not been legally formed? It is disrespectful to this family & an insult (to) the public & fans. I am sick of people trying to exploit & take advantage of my parents and then letting our family take the blame."
"I don't mean to be negative all the time but please understand my bro (brother) shouldn't be dead & I get protective when people try 2 (sic) exploit us, esp (especially) now."
More Michael Jackson News
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event