Michael Jackson's Brother Slams Tribute, Calls It 'Fraud'
Randy Jackson is fuming over a charity event honoring his brother Michael Jackson on Saturday, June 26, insisting he is "sick of people trying to exploit" his famous family. The "Forever Michael" tribute evening was held in Los Angeles exactly a year and a day after the "Thriller" hitmaker passed away.
The gala was organized by executives at The Jackson Family Foundation, a charity set up by the star's father Joe to fund a Jackson family museum in their native Gary, Indiana. But Randy is livid his parents, Joe and Katherine, who are listed as Chairman and Vice Chairman on the company's website, have become involved with the organization as he is convinced the foundation is not legitimate.
And he's called for his parents to disassociate themselves from the cause, branding the Saturday fundraiser "fraud". In a series of posts on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Let me be clear, there's no legitimate 'Jackson Family Foundation' that my brothers & sisters are aware of. As far as I am concerned, tonight's event is a fraud."
"I know my parents would not be involved if they really knew the characters they have aligned themselves with... I am doing my best to get my parents to understand who the people are around them. How can you raise money for a foundation that has not been legally formed? It is disrespectful to this family & an insult (to) the public & fans. I am sick of people trying to exploit & take advantage of my parents and then letting our family take the blame."
"I don't mean to be negative all the time but please understand my bro (brother) shouldn't be dead & I get protective when people try 2 (sic) exploit us, esp (especially) now."
More Michael Jackson News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung