Christina Aguilera 'Bored' of Her Signature Vocal
Christina Aguilera refused to show off her multi-octave singing range while working with M.I.A. - insisting she was "bored" of her trademark vocal style. Aguilera teamed up with the controversial rapper to write "Elastic Love", for her "Bionic" album, and M.I.A. was looking forward to hearing the pop star belt out the high notes for the song.
But she was stunned when Aguilera decided against it. M.I.A. tells MTV.com, "Other people were involved who I respect like Peaches and it was like a sea of women coming together to write this new thing. Christina had also had a baby, you know, so it was kind of an interesting situation."
"I really thought I was going to be able to go in there and get her vocals on to the next level and she didn't want to do it. She was like, 'You might think that's great because it's not what you do, but to me I'm really bored of it.' It's interesting getting to work with people who can do things vocally that you can't."
More Christina Aguilera News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences