Michael Jackson's Glove Sold for $192,000
Michael Jackson's Swarovski Crystal glove won a standing ovation at an auction in Las Vegas on Friday, June 25 when it went under the hammer for a staggering $192,000. The worn glove was the highlight of the Julien's Auctions sale, which fell on the first anniversary of the King of Pop's death.
Standing room only crowds turned out in record numbers to attend the Music Icons auction at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino. Jackson's documents, drawings, clothing and furniture were the main attractions.
Auction house boss Darren Julien tells WENN, "It was amazing with interest from around the world and the crowd stood to its feet and cheered when Michael Jackson's white Swarovski Crystal glove from the Victory Tour sold. I've never seen anything like it."
Other highlights included: Jackson's Victory Tour Jacket, which sold for $66,000, Michael Jackson's Drawing of a Man ($30,000), an autograph Jackson signed the day before his death ($21,000), and a Jackson Signed Beat-It Jacket ($132,000). Even Jackson's worn loafers sold well - for $90,000.
A Tsar Nicholas II replica parlor set which the late pop superstar commissioned for the rented English home he planned to live in during his This Is It dates in London last summer was among the few items which failed to sell.
Mariah Carey was reportedly interested in the ornate sofa and chairs, but her man at the auction, interior designer Kenneth Bordewick, didn't bid for it. Insiders claim Carey lost interest following her involvement in the auction pre-publicity. Julien reveals he has a private Russian buyer interested in purchasing the custom-made Combustile furniture which failed to sell at the auction.
More Michael Jackson News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen