The National Star Matt Berninger Causes Airport Evacuation With Fake Bomb
Indie rocker Matt Berninger recently sparked a massive security scare at an airport in Hawaii when he tried to bring a fake bomb clock back to America from a trip to Japan. The National frontman was relaxing at Honolulu Airport when he was called to the security desk.
Unfortunately, the jet-lagged singer didn't respond to the request right away - and, by the time he did, staff had started to evacuate. He tells Spinner.com, "I had bought a novelty clock in Tokyo, some sort of goofball alarm clock that happened to look exactly like a bomb. And it was in my suitcase."
He further shares, "I had the Honolulu Airport evacuated for about 45 minutes. I ultimately had to surrender the alarm clock... but they (security) were very pleasant and professional. They had done a great job and I thanked them and they let me go."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune