The National Star Matt Berninger Causes Airport Evacuation With Fake Bomb
Indie rocker Matt Berninger recently sparked a massive security scare at an airport in Hawaii when he tried to bring a fake bomb clock back to America from a trip to Japan. The National frontman was relaxing at Honolulu Airport when he was called to the security desk.
Unfortunately, the jet-lagged singer didn't respond to the request right away - and, by the time he did, staff had started to evacuate. He tells Spinner.com, "I had bought a novelty clock in Tokyo, some sort of goofball alarm clock that happened to look exactly like a bomb. And it was in my suitcase."
He further shares, "I had the Honolulu Airport evacuated for about 45 minutes. I ultimately had to surrender the alarm clock... but they (security) were very pleasant and professional. They had done a great job and I thanked them and they let me go."
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere