The National Star Matt Berninger Causes Airport Evacuation With Fake Bomb
Indie rocker Matt Berninger recently sparked a massive security scare at an airport in Hawaii when he tried to bring a fake bomb clock back to America from a trip to Japan. The National frontman was relaxing at Honolulu Airport when he was called to the security desk.
Unfortunately, the jet-lagged singer didn't respond to the request right away - and, by the time he did, staff had started to evacuate. He tells Spinner.com, "I had bought a novelty clock in Tokyo, some sort of goofball alarm clock that happened to look exactly like a bomb. And it was in my suitcase."
He further shares, "I had the Honolulu Airport evacuated for about 45 minutes. I ultimately had to surrender the alarm clock... but they (security) were very pleasant and professional. They had done a great job and I thanked them and they let me go."
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season