The National Star Matt Berninger Causes Airport Evacuation With Fake Bomb
Indie rocker Matt Berninger recently sparked a massive security scare at an airport in Hawaii when he tried to bring a fake bomb clock back to America from a trip to Japan. The National frontman was relaxing at Honolulu Airport when he was called to the security desk.
Unfortunately, the jet-lagged singer didn't respond to the request right away - and, by the time he did, staff had started to evacuate. He tells Spinner.com, "I had bought a novelty clock in Tokyo, some sort of goofball alarm clock that happened to look exactly like a bomb. And it was in my suitcase."
He further shares, "I had the Honolulu Airport evacuated for about 45 minutes. I ultimately had to surrender the alarm clock... but they (security) were very pleasant and professional. They had done a great job and I thanked them and they let me go."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'