The National Star Matt Berninger Causes Airport Evacuation With Fake Bomb
Indie rocker Matt Berninger recently sparked a massive security scare at an airport in Hawaii when he tried to bring a fake bomb clock back to America from a trip to Japan. The National frontman was relaxing at Honolulu Airport when he was called to the security desk.
Unfortunately, the jet-lagged singer didn't respond to the request right away - and, by the time he did, staff had started to evacuate. He tells Spinner.com, "I had bought a novelty clock in Tokyo, some sort of goofball alarm clock that happened to look exactly like a bomb. And it was in my suitcase."
He further shares, "I had the Honolulu Airport evacuated for about 45 minutes. I ultimately had to surrender the alarm clock... but they (security) were very pleasant and professional. They had done a great job and I thanked them and they let me go."
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton