Ana Matronic of Scissor Sisters Feared Jake Shears Would 'Burn Out'
Scissor Sisters star Ana Matronic is pleased her bandmate Jake Shears moved out of New York to work on their latest album, because she feared he was going to "burn himself out" in the Big Apple. The "I Don't Feel Like Dancin' " hitmakers scrapped their third album in 2009 because they were left with a record they didn't "believe" in, axing the project in its entirety and creating a whole new set of new songs for "Night Work".
Shears moved out of America to spend some time in Berlin, Germany to concentrate on the new music - and Matronic is adamant it was the "best decision for him and the band" because he needed to clear his head and reinvigorate his creativity. She says, "I was just worried about Jake burning himself out, which he kinda did. But he had the good sense to leave New York and go to Berlin, which was the best decision for him and the band."
"Before that, when you're going into the studio and you don't know what you're trying to say, creatively you can lose the muse quickly. Jake is someone who is inspired by his environment and the people around him. He ended up in a routine where all he was doing was thinking about songwriting. He just needed to get back out there and live," she adds.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones