Ana Matronic of Scissor Sisters Feared Jake Shears Would 'Burn Out'
Scissor Sisters star Ana Matronic is pleased her bandmate Jake Shears moved out of New York to work on their latest album, because she feared he was going to "burn himself out" in the Big Apple. The "I Don't Feel Like Dancin' " hitmakers scrapped their third album in 2009 because they were left with a record they didn't "believe" in, axing the project in its entirety and creating a whole new set of new songs for "Night Work".
Shears moved out of America to spend some time in Berlin, Germany to concentrate on the new music - and Matronic is adamant it was the "best decision for him and the band" because he needed to clear his head and reinvigorate his creativity. She says, "I was just worried about Jake burning himself out, which he kinda did. But he had the good sense to leave New York and go to Berlin, which was the best decision for him and the band."
"Before that, when you're going into the studio and you don't know what you're trying to say, creatively you can lose the muse quickly. Jake is someone who is inspired by his environment and the people around him. He ended up in a routine where all he was doing was thinking about songwriting. He just needed to get back out there and live," she adds.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son