Ana Matronic of Scissor Sisters Feared Jake Shears Would 'Burn Out'
Scissor Sisters star Ana Matronic is pleased her bandmate Jake Shears moved out of New York to work on their latest album, because she feared he was going to "burn himself out" in the Big Apple. The "I Don't Feel Like Dancin' " hitmakers scrapped their third album in 2009 because they were left with a record they didn't "believe" in, axing the project in its entirety and creating a whole new set of new songs for "Night Work".
Shears moved out of America to spend some time in Berlin, Germany to concentrate on the new music - and Matronic is adamant it was the "best decision for him and the band" because he needed to clear his head and reinvigorate his creativity. She says, "I was just worried about Jake burning himself out, which he kinda did. But he had the good sense to leave New York and go to Berlin, which was the best decision for him and the band."
"Before that, when you're going into the studio and you don't know what you're trying to say, creatively you can lose the muse quickly. Jake is someone who is inspired by his environment and the people around him. He ended up in a routine where all he was doing was thinking about songwriting. He just needed to get back out there and live," she adds.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season