Ana Matronic of Scissor Sisters Feared Jake Shears Would 'Burn Out'
Scissor Sisters star Ana Matronic is pleased her bandmate Jake Shears moved out of New York to work on their latest album, because she feared he was going to "burn himself out" in the Big Apple. The "I Don't Feel Like Dancin' " hitmakers scrapped their third album in 2009 because they were left with a record they didn't "believe" in, axing the project in its entirety and creating a whole new set of new songs for "Night Work".
Shears moved out of America to spend some time in Berlin, Germany to concentrate on the new music - and Matronic is adamant it was the "best decision for him and the band" because he needed to clear his head and reinvigorate his creativity. She says, "I was just worried about Jake burning himself out, which he kinda did. But he had the good sense to leave New York and go to Berlin, which was the best decision for him and the band."
"Before that, when you're going into the studio and you don't know what you're trying to say, creatively you can lose the muse quickly. Jake is someone who is inspired by his environment and the people around him. He ended up in a routine where all he was doing was thinking about songwriting. He just needed to get back out there and live," she adds.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch