Adrien Brody Grows Beard for 'High School'
Adrien Brody grew his facial hair for new movie "High School" after becoming embroiled in a beard-growing contest with the film's director John Stalberg. The actor, who plays a stoner drug dealer in the new picture, is seen on-screen sporting a large bushy beard and Stalberg admits the Oscar-winner's scruffy new look is the result of a comedy competition he started with the star before filming began.
Speaking at the Edinburgh International Film Festival, he tells WENN, "That was the first time he'd ever been filmed with a beard. I have a beard and it's pretty big and we were talking on the phone before we started shooting and he's like, 'I have a beard right now,' and I said, 'I've got a beard right now.' He said, 'Take a picture of yourself and send it to me,' so I did and we realized we looked slightly alike with these beards!"
"It was like beard wars. I said, 'You gotta keep growing your beard,' and he was like, 'I've never been filmed with a beard before,' but he went for it."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture