Adrien Brody Grows Beard for 'High School'
Adrien Brody grew his facial hair for new movie "High School" after becoming embroiled in a beard-growing contest with the film's director John Stalberg. The actor, who plays a stoner drug dealer in the new picture, is seen on-screen sporting a large bushy beard and Stalberg admits the Oscar-winner's scruffy new look is the result of a comedy competition he started with the star before filming began.
Speaking at the Edinburgh International Film Festival, he tells WENN, "That was the first time he'd ever been filmed with a beard. I have a beard and it's pretty big and we were talking on the phone before we started shooting and he's like, 'I have a beard right now,' and I said, 'I've got a beard right now.' He said, 'Take a picture of yourself and send it to me,' so I did and we realized we looked slightly alike with these beards!"
"It was like beard wars. I said, 'You gotta keep growing your beard,' and he was like, 'I've never been filmed with a beard before,' but he went for it."
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'