Adrien Brody Grows Beard for 'High School'
Adrien Brody grew his facial hair for new movie "High School" after becoming embroiled in a beard-growing contest with the film's director John Stalberg. The actor, who plays a stoner drug dealer in the new picture, is seen on-screen sporting a large bushy beard and Stalberg admits the Oscar-winner's scruffy new look is the result of a comedy competition he started with the star before filming began.
Speaking at the Edinburgh International Film Festival, he tells WENN, "That was the first time he'd ever been filmed with a beard. I have a beard and it's pretty big and we were talking on the phone before we started shooting and he's like, 'I have a beard right now,' and I said, 'I've got a beard right now.' He said, 'Take a picture of yourself and send it to me,' so I did and we realized we looked slightly alike with these beards!"
"It was like beard wars. I said, 'You gotta keep growing your beard,' and he was like, 'I've never been filmed with a beard before,' but he went for it."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding