Adrien Brody Grows Beard for 'High School'
Adrien Brody grew his facial hair for new movie "High School" after becoming embroiled in a beard-growing contest with the film's director John Stalberg. The actor, who plays a stoner drug dealer in the new picture, is seen on-screen sporting a large bushy beard and Stalberg admits the Oscar-winner's scruffy new look is the result of a comedy competition he started with the star before filming began.
Speaking at the Edinburgh International Film Festival, he tells WENN, "That was the first time he'd ever been filmed with a beard. I have a beard and it's pretty big and we were talking on the phone before we started shooting and he's like, 'I have a beard right now,' and I said, 'I've got a beard right now.' He said, 'Take a picture of yourself and send it to me,' so I did and we realized we looked slightly alike with these beards!"
"It was like beard wars. I said, 'You gotta keep growing your beard,' and he was like, 'I've never been filmed with a beard before,' but he went for it."
More High School News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio