Adrien Brody Grows Beard for 'High School'
Adrien Brody grew his facial hair for new movie "High School" after becoming embroiled in a beard-growing contest with the film's director John Stalberg. The actor, who plays a stoner drug dealer in the new picture, is seen on-screen sporting a large bushy beard and Stalberg admits the Oscar-winner's scruffy new look is the result of a comedy competition he started with the star before filming began.
Speaking at the Edinburgh International Film Festival, he tells WENN, "That was the first time he'd ever been filmed with a beard. I have a beard and it's pretty big and we were talking on the phone before we started shooting and he's like, 'I have a beard right now,' and I said, 'I've got a beard right now.' He said, 'Take a picture of yourself and send it to me,' so I did and we realized we looked slightly alike with these beards!"
"It was like beard wars. I said, 'You gotta keep growing your beard,' and he was like, 'I've never been filmed with a beard before,' but he went for it."
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake