Adrian Pasdar Escapes Jail Over DUI After Pleading No Contest
"Heroes" star Adrian Pasdar has escaped jail after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence (DUI) following his arrest in January. The husband of Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines was detained by cops after he was allegedly clocked driving over 90 miles-an-hour (144.8 kilometres-an-hour) on a freeway in Los Angeles.
The actor, 44, was officially charged with DUI in February and he entered a not guilty plea during a court appearance later that month. Pasdar pleaded no contest to one misdemeanor charge of DUI earlier this week.
He was sentenced to 36 months probation and was ordered to pay $395 (263 pound sterling) in fines. The star was also told to complete an alcohol education program, as well as 10 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, reports TMZ.
One other charge for refusing to submit a blood test was reportedly dropped.
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why