Adrian Pasdar Escapes Jail Over DUI After Pleading No Contest
"Heroes" star Adrian Pasdar has escaped jail after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence (DUI) following his arrest in January. The husband of Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines was detained by cops after he was allegedly clocked driving over 90 miles-an-hour (144.8 kilometres-an-hour) on a freeway in Los Angeles.
The actor, 44, was officially charged with DUI in February and he entered a not guilty plea during a court appearance later that month. Pasdar pleaded no contest to one misdemeanor charge of DUI earlier this week.
He was sentenced to 36 months probation and was ordered to pay $395 (263 pound sterling) in fines. The star was also told to complete an alcohol education program, as well as 10 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, reports TMZ.
One other charge for refusing to submit a blood test was reportedly dropped.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story