Adrian Pasdar Escapes Jail Over DUI After Pleading No Contest
"Heroes" star Adrian Pasdar has escaped jail after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence (DUI) following his arrest in January. The husband of Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines was detained by cops after he was allegedly clocked driving over 90 miles-an-hour (144.8 kilometres-an-hour) on a freeway in Los Angeles.
The actor, 44, was officially charged with DUI in February and he entered a not guilty plea during a court appearance later that month. Pasdar pleaded no contest to one misdemeanor charge of DUI earlier this week.
He was sentenced to 36 months probation and was ordered to pay $395 (263 pound sterling) in fines. The star was also told to complete an alcohol education program, as well as 10 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, reports TMZ.
One other charge for refusing to submit a blood test was reportedly dropped.
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'