Redmond O'Neal Visits Farrah Fawcett's Grave on One Year Death Anniversary
Farrah Fawcett's troubled son Redmond O'Neal was granted special leave from a sober-living facility on Friday, June 25 to visit his mother's grave for the first time on the year anniversary of her death. Redmond, who was in jail when his mother died a year ago on June 25, 2009, has since been placed in drug treatment center in Pasadena, California as he continues to battle the addictions that first put him behind bars.
Bosses at the venue allowed him a one day pass on Friday so he could visit the "Charlie's Angels" star's grave exactly 12 months after she lost her battle with anal cancer. Redmond says, "It was very nice, very beautifully set up. I'm just happy that I'm able to be there for her and let her know I'm doing all right."
Fawcett's loved ones also turned out in force in Beverly Hills, California on Friday, June 25 to pay tribute to the actress at the opening of the headquarters of her Farrah Fawcett Foundation. Her longtime lover Ryan O'Neal was joined by Redmond, as well as his daughter Tatum O'Neal and Fawcett's pal Alana Stewart.
Speaking at the event, Stewart said, "If I can help carry on Farrah's mission for the foundation, it's an honor for me. I feel almost like she's a guardian angel watching over me, and I feel like she's smiling down on us and very happy that she died for a cause. She felt that she could help a lot of people and she could give a lot of people inspiration, courage and hope." Ryan O'Neal adds, "Farrah was extremely loved around the world. We will try to keep that feeling in play."
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kelly Ripa Will Announce New 'Live!' Co-Host on Monday
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased