Redmond O'Neal Visits Farrah Fawcett's Grave on One Year Death Anniversary
Farrah Fawcett's troubled son Redmond O'Neal was granted special leave from a sober-living facility on Friday, June 25 to visit his mother's grave for the first time on the year anniversary of her death. Redmond, who was in jail when his mother died a year ago on June 25, 2009, has since been placed in drug treatment center in Pasadena, California as he continues to battle the addictions that first put him behind bars.
Bosses at the venue allowed him a one day pass on Friday so he could visit the "Charlie's Angels" star's grave exactly 12 months after she lost her battle with anal cancer. Redmond says, "It was very nice, very beautifully set up. I'm just happy that I'm able to be there for her and let her know I'm doing all right."
Fawcett's loved ones also turned out in force in Beverly Hills, California on Friday, June 25 to pay tribute to the actress at the opening of the headquarters of her Farrah Fawcett Foundation. Her longtime lover Ryan O'Neal was joined by Redmond, as well as his daughter Tatum O'Neal and Fawcett's pal Alana Stewart.
Speaking at the event, Stewart said, "If I can help carry on Farrah's mission for the foundation, it's an honor for me. I feel almost like she's a guardian angel watching over me, and I feel like she's smiling down on us and very happy that she died for a cause. She felt that she could help a lot of people and she could give a lot of people inspiration, courage and hope." Ryan O'Neal adds, "Farrah was extremely loved around the world. We will try to keep that feeling in play."
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak