Redmond O'Neal Visits Farrah Fawcett's Grave on One Year Death Anniversary
Farrah Fawcett's troubled son Redmond O'Neal was granted special leave from a sober-living facility on Friday, June 25 to visit his mother's grave for the first time on the year anniversary of her death. Redmond, who was in jail when his mother died a year ago on June 25, 2009, has since been placed in drug treatment center in Pasadena, California as he continues to battle the addictions that first put him behind bars.
Bosses at the venue allowed him a one day pass on Friday so he could visit the "Charlie's Angels" star's grave exactly 12 months after she lost her battle with anal cancer. Redmond says, "It was very nice, very beautifully set up. I'm just happy that I'm able to be there for her and let her know I'm doing all right."
Fawcett's loved ones also turned out in force in Beverly Hills, California on Friday, June 25 to pay tribute to the actress at the opening of the headquarters of her Farrah Fawcett Foundation. Her longtime lover Ryan O'Neal was joined by Redmond, as well as his daughter Tatum O'Neal and Fawcett's pal Alana Stewart.
Speaking at the event, Stewart said, "If I can help carry on Farrah's mission for the foundation, it's an honor for me. I feel almost like she's a guardian angel watching over me, and I feel like she's smiling down on us and very happy that she died for a cause. She felt that she could help a lot of people and she could give a lot of people inspiration, courage and hope." Ryan O'Neal adds, "Farrah was extremely loved around the world. We will try to keep that feeling in play."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says