Michael Jackson's Father Misses Out on Chance to File Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Michael Jackson's father has missed out on the chance of filing a wrongful death lawsuit against his son's physician on the anniversary of the King of Pop's death because of a mistake in the paperwork. Joe Jackson's lawyer Brian Oxman filed documents against Dr. Conrad Murray in federal court on Friday, June 25, seeking unspecified damages in connection with his son's death. But the suit was returned because or an error. It will now have to be refiled, according to TMZ.
In the complaint, Joe Jackson alleges Murray withheld vital information from the doctors and emergency service operatives who were trying to save Michael's life. Murray is accused of administering a fatal dose of anesthetic Propofol to the pop star a year ago, June 25 2009. He has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
Joe Jackson marked the anniversary of his son's death in Cleveland, Ohio. His wife Katherine unveiled a statue to the King of Pop in the family's native Gary, Indiana, and siblings Janet Jackson, Randy Jackson, Tito Jackson and Jermaine Jackson joined fans at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California, where Michael is buried.
More Michael Jackson News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked