Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke Surprise Fans at Glastonbury Festival
Radiohead stars Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke served up the first big surprise at this year's Glastonbury festival when they hit the stage for an unannounced set. The bandmates were introduced by festival organizer Michael Eavis, who built up the moment by calling it "the biggest surprise of the weekend."
A grinning Yorke then stepped forward and announced, "Hi, my name is Thomas Yorke," before playing his "The Eraser" hit solo on the piano. He went on to perform "Harrowdown Hill" and "Black Swan" before Greenwood joined him onstage for a rendition of "Cymbal Rush", "Wishes Fishes/Arpeggi" and "Pyramid Song".
They closed their short set with Radiohead fan favorites "Karma Police" and "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" and then Yorke told fans to "have a brilliant festival" as he shuffled offstage.
Meanwhile, rapper Mos Def was forced to cancel his appearance at the Glastonbury festival in England due to a death in the family. He was scheduled to perform on Friday night, June 25 and was also hoping to be a part of Gorillaz's headlining slot.
More Radiohead News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump