Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke Surprise Fans at Glastonbury Festival
Radiohead stars Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke served up the first big surprise at this year's Glastonbury festival when they hit the stage for an unannounced set. The bandmates were introduced by festival organizer Michael Eavis, who built up the moment by calling it "the biggest surprise of the weekend."
A grinning Yorke then stepped forward and announced, "Hi, my name is Thomas Yorke," before playing his "The Eraser" hit solo on the piano. He went on to perform "Harrowdown Hill" and "Black Swan" before Greenwood joined him onstage for a rendition of "Cymbal Rush", "Wishes Fishes/Arpeggi" and "Pyramid Song".
They closed their short set with Radiohead fan favorites "Karma Police" and "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" and then Yorke told fans to "have a brilliant festival" as he shuffled offstage.
Meanwhile, rapper Mos Def was forced to cancel his appearance at the Glastonbury festival in England due to a death in the family. He was scheduled to perform on Friday night, June 25 and was also hoping to be a part of Gorillaz's headlining slot.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons