Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke Surprise Fans at Glastonbury Festival
Radiohead stars Jonny Greenwood and Thom Yorke served up the first big surprise at this year's Glastonbury festival when they hit the stage for an unannounced set. The bandmates were introduced by festival organizer Michael Eavis, who built up the moment by calling it "the biggest surprise of the weekend."
A grinning Yorke then stepped forward and announced, "Hi, my name is Thomas Yorke," before playing his "The Eraser" hit solo on the piano. He went on to perform "Harrowdown Hill" and "Black Swan" before Greenwood joined him onstage for a rendition of "Cymbal Rush", "Wishes Fishes/Arpeggi" and "Pyramid Song".
They closed their short set with Radiohead fan favorites "Karma Police" and "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" and then Yorke told fans to "have a brilliant festival" as he shuffled offstage.
Meanwhile, rapper Mos Def was forced to cancel his appearance at the Glastonbury festival in England due to a death in the family. He was scheduled to perform on Friday night, June 25 and was also hoping to be a part of Gorillaz's headlining slot.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?