Michael Jackson, Britain's Highest Selling Artist Since His Death
Michael Jackson is still the King of Pop in Britain - the tragic superstar is the top-selling artist there in the year since his death. As fans gather to mark the anniversary of his death at California's Forest Lawn Cemetery, where Jackson was laid to rest in September, officials for Britain's Official Charts Company have revealed the "Thriller" singer has sold 2.8 million albums and 1.5 million singles in Britain since his passing.
Jackson's sales have placed him ahead of Canadian singer Michael Buble, who has sold just over two million albums in Britain during the same period.
The firm's researchers have also listed Jackson's top 10 biggest selling singles and albums in the U.K. since his death, to mark the year anniversary.Hit song "Man in the Mirror" was the most popular track, while "Billie Jean", "Thriller" and "Smooth Criminal" all sold more than 100,000 copies in the last year. The biggest selling album in Britain since the singer's death is "The Essential - selling just over 600,000 copies in 12 months.
More Michael Jackson News
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'