Michael Jackson, Britain's Highest Selling Artist Since His Death
Michael Jackson is still the King of Pop in Britain - the tragic superstar is the top-selling artist there in the year since his death. As fans gather to mark the anniversary of his death at California's Forest Lawn Cemetery, where Jackson was laid to rest in September, officials for Britain's Official Charts Company have revealed the "Thriller" singer has sold 2.8 million albums and 1.5 million singles in Britain since his passing.
Jackson's sales have placed him ahead of Canadian singer Michael Buble, who has sold just over two million albums in Britain during the same period.
The firm's researchers have also listed Jackson's top 10 biggest selling singles and albums in the U.K. since his death, to mark the year anniversary.Hit song "Man in the Mirror" was the most popular track, while "Billie Jean", "Thriller" and "Smooth Criminal" all sold more than 100,000 copies in the last year. The biggest selling album in Britain since the singer's death is "The Essential - selling just over 600,000 copies in 12 months.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor