Michael Jackson, Britain's Highest Selling Artist Since His Death
Michael Jackson is still the King of Pop in Britain - the tragic superstar is the top-selling artist there in the year since his death. As fans gather to mark the anniversary of his death at California's Forest Lawn Cemetery, where Jackson was laid to rest in September, officials for Britain's Official Charts Company have revealed the "Thriller" singer has sold 2.8 million albums and 1.5 million singles in Britain since his passing.
Jackson's sales have placed him ahead of Canadian singer Michael Buble, who has sold just over two million albums in Britain during the same period.
The firm's researchers have also listed Jackson's top 10 biggest selling singles and albums in the U.K. since his death, to mark the year anniversary.Hit song "Man in the Mirror" was the most popular track, while "Billie Jean", "Thriller" and "Smooth Criminal" all sold more than 100,000 copies in the last year. The biggest selling album in Britain since the singer's death is "The Essential - selling just over 600,000 copies in 12 months.
More Michael Jackson News
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'