Russell Brand Knew He'd Marry Katy Perry After She Scrubbed Floor
Russell Brand knew Katy Perry was the woman he wanted to marry after the pop star volunteered to scrub his mother's kitchen floor. The British funnyman fell for Perry after he brought her to London to have dinner with his beloved mum, Barbara, and saw the singer's sweeter side in a touching moment.
He says, "Katy is a big, big character. But when you are just hanging out with her, she's a normal bird (girl). She's a laugh and she's strong. But with my mum, she's really sweet. I remember the first time she came round and my mum was making some dinner. Mum's clumsy like I am and she spilled some gravy."
"I remember just watching how Katy very naturally went and got a cloth, got down and started cleaning the floor without saying anything. And I thought, 'Ah, I like that about you. I want to marry you'." The couple is now preparing to exchange vows after Brand proposed on a romantic trip to India.
More Russell Brand News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'