Bobby Brown's Child Support Case Settled
Bobby Brown has settled a long-running legal battle with his ex-girlfriend over child support payments. Whitney Houston's former husband was jailed for four days in 2007 for skipping payments to Kim Ward, the mother of two of his children, LaPrincia, 20, and Bobby, Jr., 19.
Brown hit headlines again last year when a judge issued a warrant for his arrest after he failed to attend a court hearing over accusations he owed Ward over $45,000. He settled the payment and subsequently filed legal papers asking for his $5,500 -a month installments to be reduced.
The singer, who claimed a change in his income meant he could no longer afford the hefty payments, sent his lawyers back to Norfolk Probate Court in Massachusetts this week to settle the matter. Brown's legal team has now reached an agreement with Ward over how much he will contribute to his kids' college education, according to the Boston Herald.
Norfolk Register of Probate Patrick McDermott tells the publication, "The big issue was college expenses and how to handle those going forward. But it was quick and uneventful, and they seem to have wrapped up all the outstanding matters."
The deal was agreed by a judge, but terms of the agreement were kept private.
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together