Bobby Brown's Child Support Case Settled
Bobby Brown has settled a long-running legal battle with his ex-girlfriend over child support payments. Whitney Houston's former husband was jailed for four days in 2007 for skipping payments to Kim Ward, the mother of two of his children, LaPrincia, 20, and Bobby, Jr., 19.
Brown hit headlines again last year when a judge issued a warrant for his arrest after he failed to attend a court hearing over accusations he owed Ward over $45,000. He settled the payment and subsequently filed legal papers asking for his $5,500 -a month installments to be reduced.
The singer, who claimed a change in his income meant he could no longer afford the hefty payments, sent his lawyers back to Norfolk Probate Court in Massachusetts this week to settle the matter. Brown's legal team has now reached an agreement with Ward over how much he will contribute to his kids' college education, according to the Boston Herald.
Norfolk Register of Probate Patrick McDermott tells the publication, "The big issue was college expenses and how to handle those going forward. But it was quick and uneventful, and they seem to have wrapped up all the outstanding matters."
The deal was agreed by a judge, but terms of the agreement were kept private.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'