Bobby Brown's Child Support Case Settled
Bobby Brown has settled a long-running legal battle with his ex-girlfriend over child support payments. Whitney Houston's former husband was jailed for four days in 2007 for skipping payments to Kim Ward, the mother of two of his children, LaPrincia, 20, and Bobby, Jr., 19.
Brown hit headlines again last year when a judge issued a warrant for his arrest after he failed to attend a court hearing over accusations he owed Ward over $45,000. He settled the payment and subsequently filed legal papers asking for his $5,500 -a month installments to be reduced.
The singer, who claimed a change in his income meant he could no longer afford the hefty payments, sent his lawyers back to Norfolk Probate Court in Massachusetts this week to settle the matter. Brown's legal team has now reached an agreement with Ward over how much he will contribute to his kids' college education, according to the Boston Herald.
Norfolk Register of Probate Patrick McDermott tells the publication, "The big issue was college expenses and how to handle those going forward. But it was quick and uneventful, and they seem to have wrapped up all the outstanding matters."
The deal was agreed by a judge, but terms of the agreement were kept private.
More Bobby Brown News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die