Bobby Brown's Child Support Case Settled
Bobby Brown has settled a long-running legal battle with his ex-girlfriend over child support payments. Whitney Houston's former husband was jailed for four days in 2007 for skipping payments to Kim Ward, the mother of two of his children, LaPrincia, 20, and Bobby, Jr., 19.
Brown hit headlines again last year when a judge issued a warrant for his arrest after he failed to attend a court hearing over accusations he owed Ward over $45,000. He settled the payment and subsequently filed legal papers asking for his $5,500 -a month installments to be reduced.
The singer, who claimed a change in his income meant he could no longer afford the hefty payments, sent his lawyers back to Norfolk Probate Court in Massachusetts this week to settle the matter. Brown's legal team has now reached an agreement with Ward over how much he will contribute to his kids' college education, according to the Boston Herald.
Norfolk Register of Probate Patrick McDermott tells the publication, "The big issue was college expenses and how to handle those going forward. But it was quick and uneventful, and they seem to have wrapped up all the outstanding matters."
The deal was agreed by a judge, but terms of the agreement were kept private.
More Bobby Brown News
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd