Eddie Izzard and Dennis Haysbert Forgot Lines on Stage
Eddie Izzard and Dennis Haysbert disappointed theatre-goers with a shaky start to their stint on Broadway - reportedly forgetting their lines and stumbling through their first performance of "Race".
The British comic has joined forces with the former "24" star to tackle the lead roles in David Mamet's play, with Izzard stepping into the role previously played by James Spader. But the New York Post reports the actors failed to impress the audience when they took to the New York stage for their first performance on Monday, June 21 night.
A source tells the publication, "(They) seemed unsteady and most forgetful of their lines. Doing any Mamet play is no easy task and the dialog is unwieldy. It was their first performance, hopefully things will improve as they get into the roles."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'