Eddie Izzard and Dennis Haysbert Forgot Lines on Stage
Eddie Izzard and Dennis Haysbert disappointed theatre-goers with a shaky start to their stint on Broadway - reportedly forgetting their lines and stumbling through their first performance of "Race".
The British comic has joined forces with the former "24" star to tackle the lead roles in David Mamet's play, with Izzard stepping into the role previously played by James Spader. But the New York Post reports the actors failed to impress the audience when they took to the New York stage for their first performance on Monday, June 21 night.
A source tells the publication, "(They) seemed unsteady and most forgetful of their lines. Doing any Mamet play is no easy task and the dialog is unwieldy. It was their first performance, hopefully things will improve as they get into the roles."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!