'SVU' to Take Over 'Law and Order' Set
TV bosses are reportedly moving the set of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" to New York to save money on filming. The legal drama is currently shot in North Bergen, New Jersey, but state authorities are set to suspend 20 per cent tax credits for film and TV productions.
And executives are hoping to take the spin-off show to the NBC studios in the Big Apple, where the "Law & Order" original is filmed. It was announced in May the long-running series has been canceled.
"Law & Order: SVU" actress Tamara Tunie was among those who spoke out in favor of keeping the New Jersey tax incentive at a court hearing earlier this month, reports Deadline.com. Several crew members are expected to lose their jobs in the move.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia