'SVU' to Take Over 'Law and Order' Set
TV bosses are reportedly moving the set of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" to New York to save money on filming. The legal drama is currently shot in North Bergen, New Jersey, but state authorities are set to suspend 20 per cent tax credits for film and TV productions.
And executives are hoping to take the spin-off show to the NBC studios in the Big Apple, where the "Law & Order" original is filmed. It was announced in May the long-running series has been canceled.
"Law & Order: SVU" actress Tamara Tunie was among those who spoke out in favor of keeping the New Jersey tax incentive at a court hearing earlier this month, reports Deadline.com. Several crew members are expected to lose their jobs in the move.
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics