'SVU' to Take Over 'Law and Order' Set
TV bosses are reportedly moving the set of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" to New York to save money on filming. The legal drama is currently shot in North Bergen, New Jersey, but state authorities are set to suspend 20 per cent tax credits for film and TV productions.
And executives are hoping to take the spin-off show to the NBC studios in the Big Apple, where the "Law & Order" original is filmed. It was announced in May the long-running series has been canceled.
"Law & Order: SVU" actress Tamara Tunie was among those who spoke out in favor of keeping the New Jersey tax incentive at a court hearing earlier this month, reports Deadline.com. Several crew members are expected to lose their jobs in the move.
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story