'SVU' to Take Over 'Law and Order' Set
TV bosses are reportedly moving the set of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" to New York to save money on filming. The legal drama is currently shot in North Bergen, New Jersey, but state authorities are set to suspend 20 per cent tax credits for film and TV productions.
And executives are hoping to take the spin-off show to the NBC studios in the Big Apple, where the "Law & Order" original is filmed. It was announced in May the long-running series has been canceled.
"Law & Order: SVU" actress Tamara Tunie was among those who spoke out in favor of keeping the New Jersey tax incentive at a court hearing earlier this month, reports Deadline.com. Several crew members are expected to lose their jobs in the move.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'