Mariah Carey to Fight Off Veterinarian's Lawsuit
Mariah Carey's lawyer has dismissed allegations the superstar owes almost $30,000 in medical fees to a veterinarian who treated her dogs, branding the doctor's lawsuit "a crass publicity stunt".
Veterinarian Cindy Bressler filed a lawsuit in a New York court on Wednesday, June 23, accusing the "Hero" hitmaker of paying just $8,231 of a $37,790 bill for providing "extraordinary services" for her pet pooches. According to court filings obtained by New York Post, Carey's Jack Russell puppy, Dolomite, needed intensive care after being born to another one of the singer's dogs, Cha-Cha - who was only six months old when she gave birth.
Bressler's attorney Michael Posner, said she "provided lifesaving, round-the-clock medical care to Mariah Carey's puppy," adding, "This was a serious medical matter that required professional care by a veterinarian and veterinary nurses."
However, Carey's attorney, Orin Snyder, insists the singer will fight the lawsuit. He says, "This abusive lawsuit appears to be a crass publicity stunt. As a matter of principle, Mariah intends to fight this baseless case and is confident that it will be dismissed."
Bressler is seeking the alleged bill balance of $29,559, plus legal fees.
More Mariah Carey News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!