Sylvester Stallone Plans Acting Retirement to Work as Director
Sylvester Stallone is planning to retire from acting in the next few years to concentrate on his work as a director. The 63-year-old movie action man admits he is on "borrowed time" and will soon no longer feel comfortable in front of the camera.
But Stallone, who has written and directed numerous films over the years, hopes he will be able to continue his career by mirroring Clint Eastwood's decision to move behind-the-scenes full-time. He says, "I'm on borrowed time. At this age I hear the ticking clock and it's as loud as the gong on Big Ben (London's famous clock tower). The ultimate ambition is to follow in Clint Eastwood's footsteps and move on to directing films without me having to be in them."
"I'm on borrowed time and know my longevity will be predicted on being able to make that move."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding