Sylvester Stallone Plans Acting Retirement to Work as Director
Sylvester Stallone is planning to retire from acting in the next few years to concentrate on his work as a director. The 63-year-old movie action man admits he is on "borrowed time" and will soon no longer feel comfortable in front of the camera.
But Stallone, who has written and directed numerous films over the years, hopes he will be able to continue his career by mirroring Clint Eastwood's decision to move behind-the-scenes full-time. He says, "I'm on borrowed time. At this age I hear the ticking clock and it's as loud as the gong on Big Ben (London's famous clock tower). The ultimate ambition is to follow in Clint Eastwood's footsteps and move on to directing films without me having to be in them."
"I'm on borrowed time and know my longevity will be predicted on being able to make that move."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie