Sylvester Stallone Plans Acting Retirement to Work as Director
Sylvester Stallone is planning to retire from acting in the next few years to concentrate on his work as a director. The 63-year-old movie action man admits he is on "borrowed time" and will soon no longer feel comfortable in front of the camera.
But Stallone, who has written and directed numerous films over the years, hopes he will be able to continue his career by mirroring Clint Eastwood's decision to move behind-the-scenes full-time. He says, "I'm on borrowed time. At this age I hear the ticking clock and it's as loud as the gong on Big Ben (London's famous clock tower). The ultimate ambition is to follow in Clint Eastwood's footsteps and move on to directing films without me having to be in them."
"I'm on borrowed time and know my longevity will be predicted on being able to make that move."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory