Sylvester Stallone Plans Acting Retirement to Work as Director
Sylvester Stallone is planning to retire from acting in the next few years to concentrate on his work as a director. The 63-year-old movie action man admits he is on "borrowed time" and will soon no longer feel comfortable in front of the camera.
But Stallone, who has written and directed numerous films over the years, hopes he will be able to continue his career by mirroring Clint Eastwood's decision to move behind-the-scenes full-time. He says, "I'm on borrowed time. At this age I hear the ticking clock and it's as loud as the gong on Big Ben (London's famous clock tower). The ultimate ambition is to follow in Clint Eastwood's footsteps and move on to directing films without me having to be in them."
"I'm on borrowed time and know my longevity will be predicted on being able to make that move."
More Sylvester Stallone News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son