Sylvester Stallone Plans Acting Retirement to Work as Director
Sylvester Stallone is planning to retire from acting in the next few years to concentrate on his work as a director. The 63-year-old movie action man admits he is on "borrowed time" and will soon no longer feel comfortable in front of the camera.
But Stallone, who has written and directed numerous films over the years, hopes he will be able to continue his career by mirroring Clint Eastwood's decision to move behind-the-scenes full-time. He says, "I'm on borrowed time. At this age I hear the ticking clock and it's as loud as the gong on Big Ben (London's famous clock tower). The ultimate ambition is to follow in Clint Eastwood's footsteps and move on to directing films without me having to be in them."
"I'm on borrowed time and know my longevity will be predicted on being able to make that move."
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen