Damon Albarn 'Nervous' About Headlining With Gorillaz
Damon Albarn is so "nervous" about Gorillaz's headlining slot at Glastonbury on Friday, June 25 - he's been having nightmares of "empty fields" ahead of his performance at Britain's legendary festival.
The Blur frontman will headline the famed U.K. music event with his band after stepping in to replace Irish rockers U2, who pulled out of the slot due to Bono's recent back surgery. But Albarn, whose 2009 Glastonbury slot with Blur was voted fans' favorite in a recent survey, admits he often worries revelers will snub his show.
He tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "I've headlined twice with Blur and now this. I don't take it for granted, that's an enormous privilege. I mean, you can't take it for granted because that's when it's all over. All the same anxieties, the dreams are starting to come in of empty fields."
"I know what happens to me, and I don't know how to deal with it, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and I don't feel incredibly nervous. For me Glastonbury is the most special festival on earth. I believe that there's magic in the earth there, so I'd never take it for granted."
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke