Damon Albarn 'Nervous' About Headlining With Gorillaz
Damon Albarn is so "nervous" about Gorillaz's headlining slot at Glastonbury on Friday, June 25 - he's been having nightmares of "empty fields" ahead of his performance at Britain's legendary festival.
The Blur frontman will headline the famed U.K. music event with his band after stepping in to replace Irish rockers U2, who pulled out of the slot due to Bono's recent back surgery. But Albarn, whose 2009 Glastonbury slot with Blur was voted fans' favorite in a recent survey, admits he often worries revelers will snub his show.
He tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "I've headlined twice with Blur and now this. I don't take it for granted, that's an enormous privilege. I mean, you can't take it for granted because that's when it's all over. All the same anxieties, the dreams are starting to come in of empty fields."
"I know what happens to me, and I don't know how to deal with it, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and I don't feel incredibly nervous. For me Glastonbury is the most special festival on earth. I believe that there's magic in the earth there, so I'd never take it for granted."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service