Damon Albarn 'Nervous' About Headlining With Gorillaz
Damon Albarn is so "nervous" about Gorillaz's headlining slot at Glastonbury on Friday, June 25 - he's been having nightmares of "empty fields" ahead of his performance at Britain's legendary festival.
The Blur frontman will headline the famed U.K. music event with his band after stepping in to replace Irish rockers U2, who pulled out of the slot due to Bono's recent back surgery. But Albarn, whose 2009 Glastonbury slot with Blur was voted fans' favorite in a recent survey, admits he often worries revelers will snub his show.
He tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "I've headlined twice with Blur and now this. I don't take it for granted, that's an enormous privilege. I mean, you can't take it for granted because that's when it's all over. All the same anxieties, the dreams are starting to come in of empty fields."
"I know what happens to me, and I don't know how to deal with it, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen and I don't feel incredibly nervous. For me Glastonbury is the most special festival on earth. I believe that there's magic in the earth there, so I'd never take it for granted."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked