Mom Still Believes Michael Jackson Was Murdered
Michael Jackson's mother Katherine has backed her daughter La Toya Jackson's allegations the King of Pop was murdered - insisting her superstar son was convinced "people wanted him dead".
In a rare TV interview with NBC's "Dateline" - set to air in the U.S. on the first anniversary of Jackson's death on Friday, June 25 - the family matriarch reveals the "Thriller" hitmaker always feared he would meet a tragic end. And the 80 year old is adamant greed played a part in the superstar's demise.
She says, "I know Michael didn't die of natural causes. Someone did this to him. Mean, evil, vicious people didn't want him around for some reason. It just shows how vicious people are and greedy for money. He told me several times that he felt that people wanted him gone, wanted him dead. He would always say that. And for him to say that he must have known something."
The claims follows La Toya's recent insistence that Jackson was killed for money, saying, "Michael was murdered for his (music) catalogue - that's the bottom line."
Jackson's personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray stands accused of administering the powerful anaesthetic Propofol which led to the singer's death. He has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance