Mom Still Believes Michael Jackson Was Murdered
Michael Jackson's mother Katherine has backed her daughter La Toya Jackson's allegations the King of Pop was murdered - insisting her superstar son was convinced "people wanted him dead".
In a rare TV interview with NBC's "Dateline" - set to air in the U.S. on the first anniversary of Jackson's death on Friday, June 25 - the family matriarch reveals the "Thriller" hitmaker always feared he would meet a tragic end. And the 80 year old is adamant greed played a part in the superstar's demise.
She says, "I know Michael didn't die of natural causes. Someone did this to him. Mean, evil, vicious people didn't want him around for some reason. It just shows how vicious people are and greedy for money. He told me several times that he felt that people wanted him gone, wanted him dead. He would always say that. And for him to say that he must have known something."
The claims follows La Toya's recent insistence that Jackson was killed for money, saying, "Michael was murdered for his (music) catalogue - that's the bottom line."
Jackson's personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray stands accused of administering the powerful anaesthetic Propofol which led to the singer's death. He has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
More Michael Jackson News
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'