Father of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Reportedly Files for Bankruptcy
Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen's father has filed for bankruptcy and is facing foreclosure on his California home, according to a U.S. report. David Olsen, who fathered the billionaire twins with his first wife Jamie, has fallen behind on payments for his property in Tarzana and owes the bank almost $2.2 million.
According to documents obtained by the National Enquirer, the stars' dad and his second wife McKenzie will be forced out of the house on July 9 if they fail to settle their debt and the property will be sold off at a public auction. But it's not the first time Olsen Sr. has faced financial difficulty - he reportedly struggled to cover his tax debts in 2009 too.
An insider tells the Enquirer, "David almost lost his home in 2009 because he had several tax liens but managed to borrow enough money to cover them. But he's in a worse position now because he's behind on mortgage payments and won't be able to stop the auction unless he gets his hands on $2 million."
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale