Father of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Reportedly Files for Bankruptcy
Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen's father has filed for bankruptcy and is facing foreclosure on his California home, according to a U.S. report. David Olsen, who fathered the billionaire twins with his first wife Jamie, has fallen behind on payments for his property in Tarzana and owes the bank almost $2.2 million.
According to documents obtained by the National Enquirer, the stars' dad and his second wife McKenzie will be forced out of the house on July 9 if they fail to settle their debt and the property will be sold off at a public auction. But it's not the first time Olsen Sr. has faced financial difficulty - he reportedly struggled to cover his tax debts in 2009 too.
An insider tells the Enquirer, "David almost lost his home in 2009 because he had several tax liens but managed to borrow enough money to cover them. But he's in a worse position now because he's behind on mortgage payments and won't be able to stop the auction unless he gets his hands on $2 million."
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris