Father of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Reportedly Files for Bankruptcy
Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen's father has filed for bankruptcy and is facing foreclosure on his California home, according to a U.S. report. David Olsen, who fathered the billionaire twins with his first wife Jamie, has fallen behind on payments for his property in Tarzana and owes the bank almost $2.2 million.
According to documents obtained by the National Enquirer, the stars' dad and his second wife McKenzie will be forced out of the house on July 9 if they fail to settle their debt and the property will be sold off at a public auction. But it's not the first time Olsen Sr. has faced financial difficulty - he reportedly struggled to cover his tax debts in 2009 too.
An insider tells the Enquirer, "David almost lost his home in 2009 because he had several tax liens but managed to borrow enough money to cover them. But he's in a worse position now because he's behind on mortgage payments and won't be able to stop the auction unless he gets his hands on $2 million."
More Ashley Olsen News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo