Nas Agrees to Pay Ex-Wife Kelis' Mortgage
Rapper Nas has signed up for a payment plan in an effort to help him cover the cost of his ex-wife Kelis' mortgage, after falling behind on his spousal support. The "I Can" hitmaker, real name Nasir Jones, owes Kelis almost $300,000, with $52,989.22 of the debt stemming from the mortgage of her home, referred to only as Kenilworth.
He has now agreed to settle the arrears in monthly installments of $14,229.61 - almost double the amount he was previously ordered to pay - until the mortgage is up to date. Nas' lawyer filed documents outlining the plan in a Los Angeles County court on Wednesday, June 23. The papers, obtained by TMZ.com, also reveal the hip-hop star's plans to sell the property.
The former supercouple's divorce was finalized in May, a year after Nas and Kelis split. The stars are parents to baby son Knight.
More Nas News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers