Nas Agrees to Pay Ex-Wife Kelis' Mortgage
Rapper Nas has signed up for a payment plan in an effort to help him cover the cost of his ex-wife Kelis' mortgage, after falling behind on his spousal support. The "I Can" hitmaker, real name Nasir Jones, owes Kelis almost $300,000, with $52,989.22 of the debt stemming from the mortgage of her home, referred to only as Kenilworth.
He has now agreed to settle the arrears in monthly installments of $14,229.61 - almost double the amount he was previously ordered to pay - until the mortgage is up to date. Nas' lawyer filed documents outlining the plan in a Los Angeles County court on Wednesday, June 23. The papers, obtained by TMZ.com, also reveal the hip-hop star's plans to sell the property.
The former supercouple's divorce was finalized in May, a year after Nas and Kelis split. The stars are parents to baby son Knight.
More Nas News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7