Nas Agrees to Pay Ex-Wife Kelis' Mortgage
Rapper Nas has signed up for a payment plan in an effort to help him cover the cost of his ex-wife Kelis' mortgage, after falling behind on his spousal support. The "I Can" hitmaker, real name Nasir Jones, owes Kelis almost $300,000, with $52,989.22 of the debt stemming from the mortgage of her home, referred to only as Kenilworth.
He has now agreed to settle the arrears in monthly installments of $14,229.61 - almost double the amount he was previously ordered to pay - until the mortgage is up to date. Nas' lawyer filed documents outlining the plan in a Los Angeles County court on Wednesday, June 23. The papers, obtained by TMZ.com, also reveal the hip-hop star's plans to sell the property.
The former supercouple's divorce was finalized in May, a year after Nas and Kelis split. The stars are parents to baby son Knight.
More Nas News
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds