Nas Agrees to Pay Ex-Wife Kelis' Mortgage
Rapper Nas has signed up for a payment plan in an effort to help him cover the cost of his ex-wife Kelis' mortgage, after falling behind on his spousal support. The "I Can" hitmaker, real name Nasir Jones, owes Kelis almost $300,000, with $52,989.22 of the debt stemming from the mortgage of her home, referred to only as Kenilworth.
He has now agreed to settle the arrears in monthly installments of $14,229.61 - almost double the amount he was previously ordered to pay - until the mortgage is up to date. Nas' lawyer filed documents outlining the plan in a Los Angeles County court on Wednesday, June 23. The papers, obtained by TMZ.com, also reveal the hip-hop star's plans to sell the property.
The former supercouple's divorce was finalized in May, a year after Nas and Kelis split. The stars are parents to baby son Knight.
More Nas News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season