Mariah Carey Bidding for Michael Jackson's This Is It Sofa
Mariah Carey will be going head to head with royalty and super-rich Michael Jackson fans in a bid to land a sofa set the King of Pop commissioned for his This Is It stageshow at an auction in Las Vegas on Friday, June 25. The pop superstar has asked interior designer to the stars Kenneth Bordewick to bid on the item at a Julien's Auction held on the anniversary of the Thriller singer's death.
Ironically, Bordewick also advised Jackson on the furniture for his London home - and flew to Italy to oversee the manufacture of the 22 items that craftsmen at Combustile custom made for the King of Pop. He tells WENN, "Mariah is very interested in the sofa set, which is expected to fetch $150,000, but I think it's more likely to go under the hammer for $1 million."
More Mariah Carey News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'