Mariah Carey Bidding for Michael Jackson's This Is It Sofa
Mariah Carey will be going head to head with royalty and super-rich Michael Jackson fans in a bid to land a sofa set the King of Pop commissioned for his This Is It stageshow at an auction in Las Vegas on Friday, June 25. The pop superstar has asked interior designer to the stars Kenneth Bordewick to bid on the item at a Julien's Auction held on the anniversary of the Thriller singer's death.
Ironically, Bordewick also advised Jackson on the furniture for his London home - and flew to Italy to oversee the manufacture of the 22 items that craftsmen at Combustile custom made for the King of Pop. He tells WENN, "Mariah is very interested in the sofa set, which is expected to fetch $150,000, but I think it's more likely to go under the hammer for $1 million."
More Mariah Carey News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers