Deborah Gibson and Tiffany Cast as Enemies in New TV Movie
Eighties pop rivals Deborah Gibson and Tiffany are going head-to-head once more - they've been cast as enemies in upcoming movie "Mega Python vs. Gatoroid". The former teen pop stars, who were often portrayed as chart competitors in their heyday, will poke fun at their 'rivalry' with opposing roles in the new TV movie.
Gibson is to star as an animal rights campaigner who frees exotic snakes from pet stores, while Tiffany will play a park ranger desperate to save endangered alligators. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the film's script sees the duo battle it out at a party before finishing off their brawl in a swamp outside.
Syfy network executive Thomas Vitale insists the idea for the project, which begins shooting in June, was conceived after Tiffany admitted she'd always wanted to work with Gibson. He adds, "They loved the idea of taking this perceived rivalry and having some fun with it."
The movie will be broadcast in the U.S. next year.
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream