Deborah Gibson and Tiffany Cast as Enemies in New TV Movie
Eighties pop rivals Deborah Gibson and Tiffany are going head-to-head once more - they've been cast as enemies in upcoming movie "Mega Python vs. Gatoroid". The former teen pop stars, who were often portrayed as chart competitors in their heyday, will poke fun at their 'rivalry' with opposing roles in the new TV movie.
Gibson is to star as an animal rights campaigner who frees exotic snakes from pet stores, while Tiffany will play a park ranger desperate to save endangered alligators. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the film's script sees the duo battle it out at a party before finishing off their brawl in a swamp outside.
Syfy network executive Thomas Vitale insists the idea for the project, which begins shooting in June, was conceived after Tiffany admitted she'd always wanted to work with Gibson. He adds, "They loved the idea of taking this perceived rivalry and having some fun with it."
The movie will be broadcast in the U.S. next year.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now