Deborah Gibson and Tiffany Cast as Enemies in New TV Movie
Eighties pop rivals Deborah Gibson and Tiffany are going head-to-head once more - they've been cast as enemies in upcoming movie "Mega Python vs. Gatoroid". The former teen pop stars, who were often portrayed as chart competitors in their heyday, will poke fun at their 'rivalry' with opposing roles in the new TV movie.
Gibson is to star as an animal rights campaigner who frees exotic snakes from pet stores, while Tiffany will play a park ranger desperate to save endangered alligators. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the film's script sees the duo battle it out at a party before finishing off their brawl in a swamp outside.
Syfy network executive Thomas Vitale insists the idea for the project, which begins shooting in June, was conceived after Tiffany admitted she'd always wanted to work with Gibson. He adds, "They loved the idea of taking this perceived rivalry and having some fun with it."
The movie will be broadcast in the U.S. next year.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch