Deborah Gibson and Tiffany Cast as Enemies in New TV Movie
Eighties pop rivals Deborah Gibson and Tiffany are going head-to-head once more - they've been cast as enemies in upcoming movie "Mega Python vs. Gatoroid". The former teen pop stars, who were often portrayed as chart competitors in their heyday, will poke fun at their 'rivalry' with opposing roles in the new TV movie.
Gibson is to star as an animal rights campaigner who frees exotic snakes from pet stores, while Tiffany will play a park ranger desperate to save endangered alligators. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the film's script sees the duo battle it out at a party before finishing off their brawl in a swamp outside.
Syfy network executive Thomas Vitale insists the idea for the project, which begins shooting in June, was conceived after Tiffany admitted she'd always wanted to work with Gibson. He adds, "They loved the idea of taking this perceived rivalry and having some fun with it."
The movie will be broadcast in the U.S. next year.
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer