Michael Jackson's Family Home Guarded by Police on His Death Anniversary
Squads of police officers have been recruited to guard Michael Jackson's family home on the first anniversary of his death on Friday, June 25, according to reports. Los Angeles Police Department officials are drafting 30 to 40 officers to patrol the Jackson family compound in Encino, California, as well as the surrounding streets, throughout the weekend.
The residency, where Katherine Jackson lives with the King of Pop's three children, is expected to be visited by scores of fans mourning the star a year after his death, reports TMZ.com. LAPD bosses will also be banning any vendors selling unauthorized tribute memorabilia in the area, as well as at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California, where Jackson was interred.
In another news, Michael Jackson and his children reportedly had practiced Cockney accents in preparation for the King of Pop's ill-fated London residency, according to the superstar's chef. The "Thriller" singer died just weeks before he was set to start his 50-date stint at the British capital's O2 Arena and had rented an English country estate for his family to reside in while in the U.K.
Jackson was so determined for his kids to immerse themselves in British culture, he would encourage Prince, Paris and Blanket to listen to English rock music and chat in an East London accent. Chef Kai Chase says, "They had flown over to Britain with their dad when he announced the O2 tour and had loved it. Mr Jackson loved the U.K. He told me he had a huge place in his heart for the country, the Queen and the music there."
"He loved fish and chips and wanted the children to try shepherd's pie. London was one of his favorite places on earth. And in the last week before he died he had British theme nights for the children. Rolling Stones and Beatles songs were played in the kitchen. The kids spent hours talking in Cockney accents and were competing for the best Cockney voice on the morning he died. Blanket kept saying, 'Top o' the mornin' to you' over and over, which is obviously Irish, but he didn't seem to notice."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'