Clay Aiken Hopes to Replace Simon Cowell as 'American Idol' Judge
Former "American idol" star Clay Aiken has added his name to the list of possible replacements for departed judge Simon Cowell. Elton John, Harry Connick Jr. and another former Idol, Adam Lambert, have emerged as the fan favorites to take over from Cowell, but Aiken thinks he's the man for the job.
He tells Billboard, "I've always thought it would be a great addition to the panel to have someone who's a former contestant and knows what it's like to be up on that stage and be critiqued. I would not put myself out there to be as caustic as he (Cowell) is, but if they (producers) want to call me, bring it on. We can talk."
When talking about his fifth album, Clay Aiken tells the site, "I like songs that have incredible melodies and nice orchestrations and arrangements that are really about the voice and the melody and just being beautiful, and these songs are that. People talk about it being a big decision to change course, but I actually see it as an opportunity to kind of get back to what I've always wanted to do."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says