Prosecutors Want 'Survivor' Producer to be Extradited
Mexican prosecutors have filed a formal request with U.S. authorities to extradite reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman, so he can stand trial for the murder of his wife. The "Survivor" executive became a wanted man in Mexico earlier this month when a judge issued a warrant for his arrest following the death of his wife Monica, whose body was found in a sewer near the hotel where the couple was holidaying in April.
Beresford-Redman was ordered to remain in Mexico as authorities investigated the crime, but he escaped and resurfaced in Southern California, where he was found living with his two children. Mexican officials subsequently charged the producer with the killing and they are now seeking permission from their U.S. counterparts to extradite the suspect so he can face the allegations.
A U.S. federal judge will hold a hearing to decide whether or not to approve the request, although Beresford-Redman's lawyer, Richard Hirsch, insists he will do everything in his power to fight the extradition.
he producer has denied any involvement in his wife's murder, and, in a recently-issued statement, he said, "I am devastated at her loss; and I am incensed at the suggestion that I could have had anything to do with her death. I am innocent. My children have had one parent taken from them by a senseless act of violence. I implore the Mexican authorities not to take their remaining parent by a miscarriage of justice and to do what is right not just what is expedient."
More Survivor News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris