Prosecutors Want 'Survivor' Producer to be Extradited
Mexican prosecutors have filed a formal request with U.S. authorities to extradite reality TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman, so he can stand trial for the murder of his wife. The "Survivor" executive became a wanted man in Mexico earlier this month when a judge issued a warrant for his arrest following the death of his wife Monica, whose body was found in a sewer near the hotel where the couple was holidaying in April.
Beresford-Redman was ordered to remain in Mexico as authorities investigated the crime, but he escaped and resurfaced in Southern California, where he was found living with his two children. Mexican officials subsequently charged the producer with the killing and they are now seeking permission from their U.S. counterparts to extradite the suspect so he can face the allegations.
A U.S. federal judge will hold a hearing to decide whether or not to approve the request, although Beresford-Redman's lawyer, Richard Hirsch, insists he will do everything in his power to fight the extradition.
he producer has denied any involvement in his wife's murder, and, in a recently-issued statement, he said, "I am devastated at her loss; and I am incensed at the suggestion that I could have had anything to do with her death. I am innocent. My children have had one parent taken from them by a senseless act of violence. I implore the Mexican authorities not to take their remaining parent by a miscarriage of justice and to do what is right not just what is expedient."
More Survivor News
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'