Master P and Magic Johnson Team Up for Free Basketball Camp
Rap mogul Master P is teaming up with basketball legend Magic Johnson to give underprivileged kids the chance to meet the sporting icon at a free summer camp. The hip-hop star, real name Percy Miller, is hosting the Game of Life Basketball Camp in Pasadena, California on Saturday, June 26.
Through the project, he hopes to encourage kids aged between seven and 16 to exercise and learn about the importance of a healthy lifestyle. Miller will be joined by his rapper/actor son Romeo, who played basketball for the University of Southern California, as well as professional ball players Johnson, Mark Jackson and Rashad McCants.
And the father and son team hope the free camp will put youngsters on the path to a better future. Miller tells AllHipHop.com, "This will be an experience that these kids will remember for the rest of their lives. My basketball coach helped save my life, hopefully I can do the same for this generation."
Romeo adds, "The purpose of the camp is to allow children to have the opportunity to exercise their bodies and their minds... Just because you come from a low-income community it doesn't mean you can't strive to be better. We are hoping that with our camps we can inspire these kids to have vision, follow their dreams and believe in themselves. They need to know that education is essential and that they do have options."
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host