Master P and Magic Johnson Team Up for Free Basketball Camp
Rap mogul Master P is teaming up with basketball legend Magic Johnson to give underprivileged kids the chance to meet the sporting icon at a free summer camp. The hip-hop star, real name Percy Miller, is hosting the Game of Life Basketball Camp in Pasadena, California on Saturday, June 26.
Through the project, he hopes to encourage kids aged between seven and 16 to exercise and learn about the importance of a healthy lifestyle. Miller will be joined by his rapper/actor son Romeo, who played basketball for the University of Southern California, as well as professional ball players Johnson, Mark Jackson and Rashad McCants.
And the father and son team hope the free camp will put youngsters on the path to a better future. Miller tells AllHipHop.com, "This will be an experience that these kids will remember for the rest of their lives. My basketball coach helped save my life, hopefully I can do the same for this generation."
Romeo adds, "The purpose of the camp is to allow children to have the opportunity to exercise their bodies and their minds... Just because you come from a low-income community it doesn't mean you can't strive to be better. We are hoping that with our camps we can inspire these kids to have vision, follow their dreams and believe in themselves. They need to know that education is essential and that they do have options."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding