Death Reunites Ozzy Osbourne and Tony Iommi
Ozzy Osbourne is keen to rebuild his relationship with former Black Sabbath bandmate Tony Iommi following the death of their mutual friend Ronnie James Dio. The "Prince of Darkness" filed suit against Iommi last May, demanding a 50 per cent stake in the Black Sabbath name and claiming his "signature lead vocals" were largely responsible for the band's success.
But Osbourne is now keen to put the legal dispute behind the two rockers and make more of an effort to keep in contact with guitarist Iommi after he discovered a cell phone message which had been sent last month telling him of Dio's tragic death.
He tells Kerrang!, "Sharon took my car into town yesterday, and she found a cell phone of mine in the car that I never f**king use - I just keep it in there in case I have a breakdown and need to phone somebody to pick me up. There were two messages on it from Tony; one of them from the day Ronnie died. The message started with, 'I have a bit of bad news...' I'll have to call Tony back soon."
Dio also fronted Black Sabbath and reteamed with Iommi in rock group Heaven and Hell.
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full