Death Reunites Ozzy Osbourne and Tony Iommi
Ozzy Osbourne is keen to rebuild his relationship with former Black Sabbath bandmate Tony Iommi following the death of their mutual friend Ronnie James Dio. The "Prince of Darkness" filed suit against Iommi last May, demanding a 50 per cent stake in the Black Sabbath name and claiming his "signature lead vocals" were largely responsible for the band's success.
But Osbourne is now keen to put the legal dispute behind the two rockers and make more of an effort to keep in contact with guitarist Iommi after he discovered a cell phone message which had been sent last month telling him of Dio's tragic death.
He tells Kerrang!, "Sharon took my car into town yesterday, and she found a cell phone of mine in the car that I never f**king use - I just keep it in there in case I have a breakdown and need to phone somebody to pick me up. There were two messages on it from Tony; one of them from the day Ronnie died. The message started with, 'I have a bit of bad news...' I'll have to call Tony back soon."
Dio also fronted Black Sabbath and reteamed with Iommi in rock group Heaven and Hell.
More Ozzy Osbourne News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video